Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 JK Willys and I'm getting a weird warning on my dash. My jeep will give me a warning Bing, then all at once, my speedometer will drop or fluctuate (even though I am still going freeway speed), the traction control skid marks light will activate, the hill decent pictograph will also light up and the red brake indicator will light up. While all of this is going on, the jeep will Bing. The dealership replaced the brake switch, but no luck. Can anybody help me? I'm starting to loose faith in my dealership!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2015 JK Willys and I'm getting a weird warning on my dash. My jeep will give me a warning Bing, then all at once, my speedometer will drop or fluctuate (even though I am still going freeway speed), the traction control skid marks light will activate, the hill decent pictograph will also light up and the red brake indicator will light up. While all of this is going on, the jeep will Bing. The dealership replaced the brake switch, but no luck. Can anybody help me? I'm starting to loose faith in my dealership!
Do you have a electronic sway bar? Have you been threw any water lately ? Unplug it and see what happens, its very simple and definitely worth a try !!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Check your battery terminals! One or both may be slightly loose. This happened to my 2012 JKU and I ended up getting some battery post adapters to get the cheap Chinese OEM pot metal battery terminals to tighten up on my battery post.
You might want to have your battery checked out too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can literly pull the battery connector off, however, it's as tight as the connection can get (both + & -sides) I'm gonna bring that up at my service appointment today. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
When I got a new battery last year the installer had the same problem. They had little lead thimbles that they put over the terminal post then put the cable clamp over that. Supper fit now. No problems. This was done by interstate batteries. Great service.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Check the Fuze Box and look for loose Relays and Fuses. Also, look under the hood, and follow all the cables and verify the connectors are connected and not loose. I dont recommened this very often, but if the dealer doesnt fix this they owe you a new one. Lemon Law! A new vehicle should not have this problem. Was it new or used when you purchased it. If it was used, get rid of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it to the dealer and they tightened both battery cables (I watched since my buddy works there) and my wife and I are going to go for a nice ride tomorrow. We will see if that was the issue or not. Thanks for all of the replies!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Oh this reminds me of when I bought my first new car. Took it to a friends house to show him and he walks up to my car and started touching and grabbing everything. Believe it or not, things started to fall off. Including that stupid Turn Signal Cap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts