Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone new to the forum here, I am having a weird issue with my heater. It blows out hot air just fine just not as fast as one would think but when I press on the gas then it blows out fast. Here is where it gets weird, it is not rpm dependent I could be going up a hill and loosing rpm and it would still blow fast or on flat ground and peg it and it will blow fast but when I ease off the gas and just cruise it slows down. Thinking it might be a loose connection somewhere but wanted to check to see if it was a common problem with an easy fix.

Still works better than my old mans 85 cj7 though :D:D

94 YJ 4.0 5 spd

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
This is not a common thing, check your voltage at idle and then just off idle, you may be starting to have a charging problem. It should charge about 13.8 at idle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already checked it at work with both of our testers, I know the guy I got it from and he put a high amp alt on it that is under 2 years old, that's what gets me all the systems work fine other than the blower motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts