Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, there's water or some sort of liquid underneath the front passenger side floorboard. It's soaked the carpet. The windows haven't been down, there hasn't been anything spilt, and no one else has been in my car. It's been locked so I can only assume it's some sort of leak? Anyone have this problem or knows what it could be?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
For some reason, there's water or some sort of liquid underneath the front passenger side floorboard. It's soaked the carpet. The windows haven't been down, there hasn't been anything spilt, and no one else has been in my car. It's been locked so I can only assume it's some sort of leak? Anyone have this problem or knows what it could be?
Why the 2012 leaks under the passenger floormat

Sure the leak's weird, and not just eccentric? :)

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I will take it off of your hands for fifty dollars and you make the payments.

·
Registered
286 Posts
LEAK My Jeep!!!!

I have had the same problem for a long time. Its on the passenger side, and only happens when I have the hardtop on. This is of course telling me the leak is because the hardtop isnt fitting correctly somewhere. I keep a lot of the water from gathering by removing the drain plug under the carpet, and keep the carpet propped up during rainy times so the water drains as soon as it comes in. Its annoying, but it helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. So I'm a new jeep owner (6.5 months) of a 2014 Sahara, Im having the same issu..it puddles only on the front passenger floor. I've had it addressed by the dealer once already where they replaced a plug on the heart core as well as the the seal around the passenger door; it's back at the dealer exactly 2 weeks later soaked. I will note the hard top is on for the winter. Can anyone share opinions on this? Do I just keep bringing it back? I'm pissed that the dealer actually used the words "it's a jeep thing" I could under stand that if it were a bit older & sealed dried/cracked...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi. So I'm a new jeep owner (6.5 months) of a 2014 Sahara, Im having the same issu..it puddles only on the front passenger floor. I've had it addressed by the dealer once already where they replaced a plug on the heart core as well as the the seal around the passenger door; it's back at the dealer exactly 2 weeks later soaked. I will note the hard top is on for the winter. Can anyone share opinions on this? Do I just keep bringing it back? I'm pissed that the dealer actually used the words "it's a jeep thing" I could under stand that if it were a bit older & sealed dried/cracked...
It does happen, its even fairly common. keep making jeep fix it. thats what i did, after 9 dealer visits in the span of 3 months, countless phone calls, complaints, and one lawyer later. jeep agreed to buy my vehicle back from me last week.
Be calm, firm and persistant and it will get settled, dont accept "its a jeep thing'' as a valid answer because i can certainly assure you, it is not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts