Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I'm a new member, the guy down at the local super-cheap recommended this site and I've seen it all over the internet.

I've got my self a 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0L (auto)- My first car and a awesome off road car... like seriously I've seen Hilux's get bogged in things I can just power though.

Anyway I've got a small problem... just keep in mine I'm running 30's and haven't adjusted my speed'o from the stock tires.

When I'm going 70km/ph @ 1100 - 1200 rpm my engine makes a weird rattling noise If I put my foot down a put harder it will slowly get faster and stop the noise but at this stage im going 75 - 80 kmph. Alternatively I boot it to kick it out the gear or I take my foot off, then on the accelerator and it goes away. it's just in that 1100 - 1200 rpm range....

does anyone else have this? if so what can I do to stop this noise?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds similar to a problem a friend of mine had. He would get to within about 3-4 miles per hour of about 65, and then his whole jeep would shake. Once he sped past it, it was fine, and once he slowed down it was fine. Just in that little range.

Unfortunately, he never did anything to really fix it. So I'm all I'm saying is that you're not alone!

Sorry couldn't be more help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts