Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m new to the Jeep life
I Recently purchased an 08 Jk 6 speed
When it gets warmed up is makes this noise in neutral and then the noise will stop when the clutch is pressed in.
I already checked my fluids and they are all good and freshly flushed and filled.
Anybody has any opinions or experience on it? Taking it in tomorrow to the dealership,but I don’t want to be uneducated on the possibilities and get overpriced. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
1,129 Posts
If I’m not mistaken that would be the throw out bearing. I know someone else will likely chime in that has more experience in repairing a manual trans.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
How long have you had it?

Reactions: 08JKRedddd

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
They knew about that issue when they sold it. Is my guess.

that’s a lot in labor costs to fix. Could have been a price negotiation tool.

…if it was me I would replace the entire clutch assembly and the rear main seal.

don’t want to go in there again.

how many miles on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They knew about that issue when they sold it. Is my guess.

that’s a lot in labor costs to fix. Could have been a price negotiation tool.

…if it was me I would replace the entire clutch assembly and the rear main seal.

don’t want to go in there again.

how many miles on it?
111,000. I took it to my mechanic test driving it and we didn't hear the noise until 30 mins into the test drive. He said just tell them and have it fixed because it was well taken care of other that noise. They told me the noise was the steel glove box, and that it ran fine till I drove it today and it did it again. When I go tomorrow I want them to fix it and I am making them ride with me till they hear the noise. Should that be something I can ask them to do since it was just purchased?

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Is it a Jeep dealership?

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I wouldn’t let them work on my Jeep. If I had to take it to a dealership I would at least take it to a Jeep dealership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update: took it back to the dealership I bought it from a few days ago and they are ordering a new clutch kit! And they gave me a loaner car

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts