Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 TJ Unlimited 4.0l with 6 sp manual on a 6”Fabtec long arm lift, 35” Goodyear Wrangler MT/R’s on 15” ProComps wheels.
The following problem didn’t slowly happen, it just happened.
While driving down the road, anytime that I disengage the clutch the steering jerks to the right. When I re-engage the clutch it again jerks to the right. Just going down the road, everything is fine.
The jeep had the rear bushings completely rebuilt 2 years ago, new front JKS sway bar quick disconnect this summer and new bushings on the front were just done to see if that was the issue, which it wasn’t. The jeep only gets driven in the summer in the U.P. so it’s been on the road about 8 months total since the rear was done. My mechanic said he thinks it’s “torque steer” coming from the rear somewhere. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the front control arms are to specs on Torque. Haven't checked the track bar yet. Will tomorrow and post back.Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
X2 on checking the trac bar bolts. Mine did something similar and was the front trac bar bolt

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
He is likely expecting a show, and most of us being wrong :)

I will start with the dropped pitman arm, ie producing bump steering because the track bar and drag link are not parallel to each other.

And that track bar mounting to the frame?

Mentioned of new JKS sway bar links... not adjusted properly?

I will come back tomorrow for any punishment...:whacky:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts