Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 wrangler just replaced the durango box I had in it as it started to bind a month after adjusting it. Replaced it with an rebuild stock PSC box that I removed a couple years ago because of play in the wheel. With the new box installed it was operating as normal for a few days. Turned lock to lock very easy. However today I got stuck in some traffic and right after that the steering would go from hard to soft as I turned it. It doesn't feel like it is binding just harder and easier to turn. The fluid was low so I added more but still doing the same thing.... Also there is no rhyme or reason to when it starts to get hard or soft.

suggestions??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply...

No fluid leaking at all

After installing the box, I turned the wheel from lock to lock 3 times, started the jeep and did it several more times until it was all bleed. Done it this way every time I replaced the box, this is the 5th time.

It did seem a little better today but still not perfect.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didnt do that but can try it tonight..... maybe there is just some air in the system?? Not sure why it would work fine for a few days but what can it hurt
thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI it must of been air in the system.... I was planning on bleeding it today however the issue has gone away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts