Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are my wipers in this position. They work ok. My ocd wants them to be where they should. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just pop the drivers side arm off and reposition it..Very easy to do.. Some like it in that postion so the wiper isn't in their view when driving..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking..but how does it pop off...i am like a bull in a china shop lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Get a shorter wiper blade for the passenger side so it dosent hit the rubber that goes around the wind shield,or just take both of them off and use rain x, if that will make your ocd happy.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I just took a screw driver and pried mine off.

·
Registered
593 Posts
There is a small hole in the side of the arm.. Pull the arm back, insert a small nail into the hole straight through to the other side and that will relieve the spring pressure off the arm..then just pull it off the pivot.. Reverse order to install..

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is a kit to modify the YJ wipers to park flush to the bottom. Consits of new wiper arms with slightly different geometry and new wiper arms.
RipTech Engineering: WipeBoy Products - 1987 - 1995 Jeep® YJ

One of my first mods. My prime passenger didn't like looking through the wiper when parked. They have a couple of versions (length of primary wiper arm) that affect the full range of motion. I would suggest the longer if there is much slop in your existing hardware to get full wipe coverage and still park properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts