Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After project monstaliner i cant seem to get my seatbelts back down.

View attachment 274411

I raised em up to have room to paint. Anyone had this problem or know how to get em down? Its slightly restricting my interior install

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i saw it in there. He took his whole mechanism off but mines still on. Just locked up in the position in that pic. Whats the other thread? If not in gonna have to run it to a dealership amd ask them

·
Registered
623 Posts
I heard holding it upright and shaking it will loosen it up. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems to me you have to have the lower part mounted on the roll bar. You can either stick the bolt in like you are about to mount it or undo the upper shoulder bolt attaching it to the roll bar and remount it. Then you will be able to pull the belt out and re attach the upper one. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
19 Posts
same thing happened to me when i lined my jeep. I forgot exactly what i did but i think i mounted the part you have hanging now then tried to get it to come out more. If i remember correctly there is some kind of mechanize that gets engaged when its not level.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i gave up and drove up to the local ford place since the jeep place is far out. Asked if there was a trick and he came out and slightly twisted it and pulled right down. He said he worked at jeep for 20 years and theres a very special way to hold it and it comes right down... I was amazed haha but its fixed. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Turn it upside down. There is a little spring and check assembly in there and turning it causes it to release nicely. If you ever take one apart to fix it you will see what I am talking about. Unfortunately I did not take any pictures.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Although you've already got it for future reference... I had this problem with my belts as well. If you have them straight up and down (like how they are mounted) the mechanism inside that causes them to lock in event of quick braking will release. It's just a ball bearing that rolls into place and forces the belt not to move, this is why when you are out on the trails and on a hill your belt will not move.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh. Ya i couldnt figure it out but thanks for the tricks in case it occurs again

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops.. Double posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts