Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang. Here it is.... I have 4hi but no low. Sounds like the teeth or whatever are too short and missing locking in? I'm assuming the motor mount lift screwed up the linkage? Is that the word?

Speak slowly, I'm still learning...

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Yes.. mml i gues moved it a bit.... does it feel like 2wd engages closer to where 4hi used to engage or does it still engage in the end of the place?

·
Registered
529 Posts
sounds like you need to adjust the linkage, I think the body lift is more of the cause, you raised the shifter (attached to tub)
1" higher from the transfer case (attached to frame).

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Scotty355 the mml pulls the tranny and the tcase forward.. id say the mml is more of the cause :D

When i installed my 2" bl i had to adjust the linkage just a bit and could still get into 4 lo.. just wasnt all the way in there.. it felt like it poped in there but would shift into neutral.. it felt like it was in 3/4 between the N and the 4Lo

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait wait. Yes, I did a body lift (1 1/4) and a motor mount lift (1) last weekend. I didn't check the 4low then, but that's got to be when what ever happened happened.

The shifter doesn't sit level with the console anymore and it touches the top of the console before 4low engages. So, I'm assuming 4low is still there, I just need to adjust something. Is that the linkage?

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,805 Posts
Scotty355 the mml pulls the tranny and the tcase forward.. id say the mml is more of the cause :D

When i installed my 2" bl i had to adjust the linkage just a bit and could still get into 4 lo.. just wasnt all the way in there.. it felt like it poped in there but would shift into neutral.. it felt like it was in 3/4 between the N and the 4Lo
If the tranny mount is hooked to the frame how does the transmission and tcase move forward?

Think about it.

Think about it.

I'm going with Scotty on this one. The body lift moves the transfer case lever up which requires a simple adjustment of the linkage. If anything, the MML helps address this problem. But since every jeep is different some require the adjustment.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yes it is tiny, I saw a thread within the past week with instuctions on how to adjust it, I'll look and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
about 8 threads down tiny, named transfer case shifting trouble

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Scotty, that's what it looks like since I noticed the lever isn't where it was. Never occured to me that it would be something simple, usually isn't when I'm involved. So you two, you know who you are, can just leave my tires alone.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That would be my thread!! Thanks for posting this Tiny, got me thinking again!! I have to run out there and try to adjust it real quick. I was just sitting here thinking if there was anything that I needed to do to the jeep that wouldn't cost any $$ and that's it!! We will see if I can get it straightened out?!?!

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Thanks Scotty, that's what it looks like since I noticed the lever isn't where it was. Never occured to me that it would be something simple, usually isn't when I'm involved. So you two, you know who you are, can just leave my tires alone.
:D tires :D hehe .. here on this image you can see the bolt in the background.. it's right in the middle of that rod thats in the lower/left center of the screen

again from memory that was 13mm bolt

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be my thread!! Thanks for posting this Tiny, got me thinking again!! I have to run out there and try to adjust it real quick. I was just sitting here thinking if there was anything that I needed to do to the jeep that wouldn't cost any $$ and that's it!! We will see if I can get it straightened out?!?!

take some pictures and post if it works!!

And Triple, put an arrow in there!!! I don't know what you're talking about.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, the instructions said I didn't need to because I was doing a motor mount lift... did I screw up?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts