Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here for 3 issues I'm having with my Rubi.

First, the plastic trim on the pillar where the driver side seat belt is moves noticeably when touched but worse it squeaks! Right in my ear too lol . I thought it was my speakers popping but if I put pressure on the plastic well driving the noise stops. Hoping the dealer takes care of it as I showed them how the plastic moves and even made the noise by pushing on it.

Second when my heater is at max heat and fan speed there is a noticable squeeling noise. It's faint but if you knock the fan down one notch then back to max you hear it everytime and it's continuous if left on max fan.

Finally there is a squeeling/squeaking noise just as the jeep comes to a stop.

I really hope I don't get the run around.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Most people will say Jeeps make noises and tell you to get over it, but theres no reason to live with an annoyance...so don't let them give you the run around. They're genuine concerns. Personally, my Jeep is practically brand new and makes all kinds of noises from the transmission, shocks, top, dash...you name it. But a highly noticable reoccuring squeeling noise in my ear would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good luck, hope they get you fixed up.

Side note, I have no idea how you can stand the heater and max heat and max fan speed. I'd be medium well within a couple minutes. That sucker is like a blast furnace. But now you have me thinking I need to try mine just to see what happens.

·
Registered
571 Posts
just typical things that happen when cheap parts are used by the manufacturer. I've got various squeaks too, and the same brake squeal started happening about a week ago.

Hope they don't give you "its normal" excuse.

·
Registered
316 Posts
How do you get stuff covered under warranty? Like is there a change they make u pay for stuff like that

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol all three issues I was told are normal.

"all vehicles make that brake noise"

"look your passenger side plastic trim moves ad creeks too it's normal"

And they didn't comment on heater noise.

I told them I spent tens of thousands of dollars with them and that these noises are not acceptable. I was then told by this tech that people spend that kind of money everyday and he said he didn't know what I expected him to do.

When I mentioned receiving several phone calls asking for a review of this dealership from Chrysler Canada and that if he didn't want to do his job Chrysler could send a tech who knew what he was doing the guy shut up and ended the test drive.

So I'm sitting here at Raceway Chrysler in Toronto waiting to hear if they're going to do anything or blow me off again. I'm not super picky I get that vehicles creek and moan but this Jeep is new with 20k km. The noise behind my ear is a constant popping/clicking that I hear on my 150km commute and it's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If the dealer doesn't address these issues, find another dealer and email Jeep on the box about bad experience. The service shouldn't stop once they make the sale

·
Registered
899 Posts
Now that I think about it. Since the tech says this is normal, have him take a ride with you in a new one on the lot to see if the new one has the same traits.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the tech was a jerk but raceway did the right thing. New plastics being ordered, a new blower motor for the heater has been ordered and with my next oil change my brakes are being services.

I am really glad I stood up too the tech and his wishy washy attitude

·
Registered
571 Posts
if they won't fix the squeaky plastic, try dusting it with some talcum or baby powder.

edit: glad Raceway is treating you right!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I took my jeep in yesterday to have the repairs done as the parts came in and all the issues are still present. I sat at the dealer yesterday for 5 hours and kept being told soon if I asked for a ride home.

I'm sitting here again today again, in the same chair waiting for a ride home. I put a complaint in yesterday with Chrysler Canada as this is unacceptable.

I also noticed it was the same tech who said my jeep had no issues that was doing the work yesterday. I've specifically requested he not touch my jeep again. It took him 5 hours to do an oil change, a brake service that fixed nothing, and replace a trim piece that makes the same noise.

I'm going to find another dealership if this bs continues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts