Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bumpers. When I bought the Jeep the bumpers were chrome. That's nice and all but kinda clashes with what I'm going for so Plasti dip it is.
I've attached a few before and after pics. Let me know whatcha think.
Don't ask about the red hitch. It was a spur of the moment decision......a bad spur of the moment decision that will be corrected shortly. :hide:

I eliminated the side steps. They are for sale if anyone is interested. I like the look better without them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Looks good, and IMO I like the red hitch, you can use it if you do other small red details.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like it . I do not like Crome on a jeep, just me. the red hitch leave it red it makes your jeep different .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, and IMO I like the red hitch, you can use it if you do other small red details.
It didn't look as bad as I thought it would but it doesn't go with the motif of the vehicle which will eventually have some neon green accents on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the side steps? Do ya'll think it looks better without them or should I plasti-dip them and put'em back on?

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
Stout6 said:
It didn't look as bad as I thought it would but it doesn't go with the motif of the vehicle which will eventually have some neon green accents on it.
Oh well in that case yea the red has to go, if you change your mind though, you can keep the red and paint the headlight bezels red.
It looks better without the runningboards.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Looks a lot better...but why use something temporary that will eventually peel?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks a lot better...but why use something temporary that will eventually peel?
I am eventually going to have them powder coated along with my wheels but I have to save up to buy an extra set of junker wheels, new tires for the powder coated wheels, and of course the cost to powder coat. The plasti-dip should hold me over till I can afford all that. :punk:

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I am eventually going to have them powder coated along with my wheels but I have to save up to buy an extra set of junker wheels, new tires for the powder coated wheels, and of course the cost to powder coat. The plasti-dip should hold me over till I can afford all that. :punk:
I must be cheap because that sounds like an expensive approach, but I know people get attached to their existing bumpers and wheels. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I must be cheap because that sounds like an expensive approach, but I know people get attached to their existing bumpers and wheels. ;)
Not too bad, bout $250 for 5 wheels and bumpers. I know a guy who knows a guy kinda thing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts