Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 09 JKU 6 months ago because I thought that satisfying my need for speed was what I really wanted. I really tried, I tried to stay away! I purchased a beautiful Corvette, black on black on black. Modified it. Got a few tickets.

Sold it :) It was hard to stay away, I'm back and looking for a 4 door JKU again. God these Jeeps are addicting!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I really like my Jeep, but miss my corvette haha.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thats why you buy a bike! I mean I ride a Harley so it isn't very fast but am looking at picking up a used 600 for the times I want to be open throttle doing 160! Than I got the JKU and the silverado for the family rides!

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
+1 on the motorcycle.

I have a JKU with an auto tranny...but the bike helps me get my manual/speed fix (and my bike isn't all that fast....but doing "the ton" on a naked traditional is something else!).

·
Registered
907 Posts
+1 on the motorcycle.

I have a JKU with an auto tranny...but the bike helps me get my manual/speed fix (and my bike isn't all that fast....but doing "the ton" on a naked traditional is something else!).
You wouldn't happen to be in the 59 Club ?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I currently have a Silver Coupe Vette (C-5) with 5K miles. I ordered a new silver 2015 Jeep Sahara Unlimited. I may rip-out the Vette engine and stuff it in the Jeep in a few years :)

You never know....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ditto on the bike for your speed fix.

I've got a 2014 Jeep JK and a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used the vette as a daily for a few months and didn't like that much at all. Sitting in traffic shifting gears to move 2 inches. Then when I got frustrated and pushed on the throttle just a tad I was given a nice fat citation.

I have a waverunner for the speed fix, 0-30 in 1.6 seconds.

·
Registered
658 Posts
this is what I use to scratch a speed bug novadays:

I used to do it on a closed circuit but crashing at age of 40+ hurts more :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I sold my 09 JKU 6 months ago because I thought that satisfying my need for speed was what I really wanted. I really tried, I tried to stay away! I purchased a beautiful Corvette, black on black on black. Modified it. Got a few tickets. Sold it :) It was hard to stay away, I'm back and looking for a 4 door JKU again. God these Jeeps are addicting!
that is a badass vette. I would like to see a pic of your Jeep.

·
Registered
926 Posts
fast cars are overrated unless you're at the track often, total waste and more of a "look at me" thing than anything else imo.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bikes certainly are the best go-fast toys.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did the corvette thing a few times, lol, now I am all about the classics. One of my neighbors {not really a neighbor, I never met him, about 1/4 mile away but I pass his house all the time and see his rides in his 3 car garage, and was told he lives alone} has a lifted 2 door rubicon, looks really nice probably about 3 " lift on 35" MT's, steel bumpers winch, rock rails, looks like an aftermarket top with the angled hatch, all black with tinted windows. He also has Black tinted down vette {looks like a z06 car} I have been behind him and it says 'supercharged" and is definitely NOT stock. Then his last car is a black CTS {maybe a 2012} that seems to be his daily driver... I always say that is the perfect line up and that guy has to be a genius, lol My wife just shakes her head...
Wrangler for the winter daily driver- snow and off road fun. Vette for summer daily driver and racetrack fun- and the caddy for when the other 2 don't apply, rainy days, nights out with passengers, comfortable long trips, etc... PERFECTION, problem is its $150K in cars on the low side...

Although I never seen him on a bike, I need my bikes, I have a 400hp turbo hayabusa, couple choppers, and my victory for when I am with the wife...

heres a pic with almost all of them in it, the busa has the cover over the rear of it {240 rear tire, stage 3 turbo, aftermarket everything dyno 414hp at the wheel}, the chopper is my 300mm rear tire krafttech frame, I built it, has an ss 113" in it with a rsd 6 speed, the red one is my older victory, couldn't bring myself to actually get rid of it, its a 2007 just so comfy.. The other black one is my 2013 victory, I did custom front fairing install, paint, etc has a 23" front tire and a bit of rake, I am 6'5" and harleys arent comfortable for me, I used to have a glide all customized, spent about $50k on it, but still wasnt comfortable for me...

better pic of the "bus", you can notice the dump pipes out of the turbo, that is the exhaust, just 4 1/2" long pipes sticking out the fairing, lol.. I love this bike, people think they know what speed is until you strap into something that weighs 400lbs and has over 400 hp, that is fast, I have 26K turbo charged miles on this bike!!! I have taken it down the track a bunch of times {8 second bike}, I have pinned the speedo {only goes to 180}, broke 200mph on a public street, its been fun, but sadly I hardly ever drive it anymore, it may be on ebay in the next year or so... I'll probably part it out since it is worth more that way, it has everything ohlins supsension, aftermarket engine controllers, swingarm, etc etc etc I spent $45K building this bike..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts