Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to use my remote start this morning and noticed the Jeep was off when I went outside. The dash is showing Remote Start System Fault Error.

Started her up the normal way and the check engine lights on and staying on. I don't hear the dreaded ticking but who knows.

Taking her into the dealership in the morning to see what's up. 2012 Jeep Wrangler with 20km, got her in February.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Insert the key and turn the key, but don't stat the engine. Push the key in then turn it off to on three times (Don't start the engine). THe LED where the Odometer is should turn to "------", then any codes stored in the engine will pop up (ie "P0404") Goggle the code(s) and see what's up with your rig. Come back here is you have any questions.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Either what he said ^^^^ or take it to auto zone they can do a free check. This just happened to mine yesterday but I had to come to work lastnight so won't be able to find out till next week. The code was p0302 which is cylinder 2 Miss fire this it the fourth time now that its happen to mine. Dealerships usually just erase it and say everything is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts