Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 trips to the dealer (3 days first time and now 6 days in) and FCA and dealer says 1-3 weeks to get the part in. Yet I found to MOPAR dealers with them in stock.
Luckily I still have my MOPAR extended warranty on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Yes I have thought about ordering a spare to have hanging around just incase.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have thought about ordering a spare to have hanging around just incase.
You know, I might. I will have this jeep until it just falls apart.

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
You know, I might. I will have this jeep until it just falls apart.

Yep way to much into this vehicle to ever let it go. I really wish I lived in a state that did not have smog because I would gut this thing and go with the minimum amount of electronics possible.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, mine is paid off and still a DD. Probably by next year, its my spare ride.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Yeah, mine is paid off and still a DD. Probably by next year, its my spare ride.

What were your symptoms?

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2014 JKU Rubicon X edition, teraflex leveling kit and 255/80r17 toyo open country AT3s
230 Posts
I dealt with MAKs. Good people. My gremlins turned out to be NOT TIPM related and they took the rebuilt one back for a restocking fee which I agreed to at the start. Several tech calls through the process of elimination.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yep way to much into this vehicle to ever let it go. I really wish I lived in a state that did not have smog because I would gut this thing and go with the minimum amount of electronics possible.
The high country of Colorado is calling your name Terry :) I turned mine off totally with my pro-cal when I started building up my rig 2 years ago. Hated it and it always sketched out. Haven't missed it one time, but that's just me.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
2 trips to the dealer (3 days first time and now 6 days in) and FCA and dealer says 1-3 weeks to get the part in. Yet I found to MOPAR dealers with them in stock.
Luckily I still have my MOPAR extended warranty on it.

Crap, crap, and crap
Sorry to hear that! Thank the stars for your extended warranty though.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Crap, crap, and crap
Sorry to hear that! Thank the stars for your extended warranty though.
I think it has come to the point that if you buy a new Wrangler the extended warranty is a must have add-on right out of the box. Jeep Wranglers are the only item where I have purchased extended warranties.

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
I think it has come to the point that if you buy a new Wrangler the extended warranty is a must have add-on right out of the box. Jeep Wranglers are the only item where I have purchased extended warranties.
And then Jeep will void the warranty as soon as you lift it, add lights to it, etc.

Reactions: H3br3wHamm3r

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
And then Jeep will void the warranty as soon as you lift it, add lights to it, etc.
Well, they have not done that yet on the 2014 or my 2020. On my 2020 I got the lift added to the policy. The 2014 just had some work done on the cylinder heads all covered under the extended warranty. I lifted that one in 2014.

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Well, they have not done that yet on the 2014 or my 2020. On my 2020 I got the lift added to the policy. The 2014 just had some work done on the cylinder heads all covered under the extended warranty. I lifted that one in 2014.
Then you have a very good dealer or are running all MOPAR parts. We have plenty of instances here of people having the warranty revoked.

Reactions: H3br3wHamm3r

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
I guess so because the lift on the 2014 was a piece by piece deal. Old Emu springs and shocks, Teraflex adj track bar, etc. So far the 2014 has been fixed under warranty by two different dealers. I don't really consider them "good" dealers but they have not thrown up on the Lifetime Max 100 Ded warranty, , , yet.

I have had three dealers try to buy the 2014 Jeep from me. One was a bit aggressive. That one I had to call the manager and tell him to get the salesman to back off.

Then I learn that there is a 3k bounty on the Lifetime Max 100 Ded warranty. I think it is still out there.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
They can't void warranties because of mods. They CAN refuse warranty if they can "prove" the mod caused the failure.

That is a Federal law.

I have had my JK repaired under the CPO warranty 2 times since I have modded the Jeep. It has been in for service countless times and nary a word has been said other than compliments.

Reactions: DIRT BOY
1 - 20 of 21 Posts