Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I personally like blonde wenches and some redheads. they need to be able to make a good sandwich. LOL.
search "winch". There are reviews here somewhere, I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh hahahahaha god i didnt even notice this hahaha and yes i perfer the redheads myself oh i feel like idiot haha

·
Registered
47 Posts
Buy the quadratec winch... Best one on the market for the money you will get Nd they draw the least amount if amps from your battery with the fastest line speed. The 11,000lb one runs right at 400.00 and you can't even get the 9000lb warn for anywhere near that. They also offer the same warranty as the rest of the top brand manufacturers.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Buy the quadratec winch... Best one on the market for the money you will get Nd they draw the least amount if amps from your battery with the fastest line speed. The 11,000lb one runs right at 400.00 and you can't even get the 9000lb warn for anywhere near that. They also offer the same warranty as the rest of the top brand manufacturers.
A good warranty doesn't necessarily mean a good quality product. Autozone sells some of the cheapest shoddiest water pumps around yet they come with a lifetime warranty. Warranty is often more about marketing and generating sales than an indication of quality. Personally, I would rather have and would trust a used American-made Warn winch more without a warranty than a brand-new Chinese winch like from Harbor Freight Tools, Engo, Quadratech, Smittybilt, etc.with a warranty.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Warranty is great..... But now when your stuck somewhere, go to use it, and it is broken.... They are not going to air drop you one to get out of that situation. Where a quality built winch will work years later. And if fails you can buy the parts easy enough to repair it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
First your going to want to ask yourself how much do you see yourself needing it and go from there. If your going to be relying on it all the time to get you unstuck spoend the coin on a warn or equivelant. If your going to only need it maybe 1 out of 100 times like me go with the q series winch or equivelant and follow rule #1. DONT WHEEL ALONE.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you have a good budget and are mechanically inclined get a hydraulic winch they have a 100 percent work load and break less if you plan on using it all the time.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
If you have a good budget and are mechanically inclined get a hydraulic winch they have a 100 percent work load and break less if you plan on using it all the time.
A hydraulic winch's problem is it won't work when you can't start your engine. I have had two instances when I had to winch myself off the trail when I couldn't start the engine. Once with a bad ignition coil and the other time with a blown steering box. Both times my electric winch worked fine and I was able to start the engine from my single battery after fixing the problems without requiring a jumpstart. Which is one reason Mile Marker hardly sells any hydraulic winches any more and they were forced to add their line of electric winches. My local Milemarker dealers don't even stock their hydraulic winches any more.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Brunette, Red, Blonde, Warn, Engo, .... Wait wha

·
Registered
876 Posts
The quadratec winches have been getting nothing but good reviews. I'd purchase one. If I wheeled all the time and knew I'd be using it quite a bit then I may spend the extra on a warn but for just using a few times a year I'd go with the Quadratec.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
SouthTJ said:
The quadratec winches have been getting nothing but good reviews. I'd purchase one. If I wheeled all the time and knew I'd be using it quite a bit then I may spend the extra on a warn but for just using a few times a year I'd go with the Quadratec.
Sorry friend, they haven't been on the market long enough to have garnished any real world reviews.. Let's see what kind of reviews they are getting in one or two years..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a champion winch on my off road XJ gave like 375 for it got it at SAMs club and have had nothing but good luck out of it. Never broke while out unlike my buddy's warn and some other big name ones

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
SouthTJ said:
I don't care if I used it once a year or every day I want my winch to work when I need it, which is why I have a warn, u can find them online used generally not much more than the cheap chinese ones, and it has never left me stranded, and as far as wheeling alone I have been in a couple situations were even though I was with someone I still had to use my winch for different reasons,(approach angles, distance...) but that's just my 2 cents, o and btw my warn winch is 18-20 years old my father in law bought it when he got back from iraq in 91 or 92 and used it on his 77 cj5 and I bought it from him when he got his tj cuz the tj already had a warn on it, and it has never left me or him stranded, just for reference

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it doesn't have a big red W on it, it isn't worth having.

·
Registered
813 Posts
98 tj sport said:
I don't care if I used it once a year or every day I want my winch to work when I need it, which is why I have a warn, u can find them online used generally not much more than the cheap chinese ones, and it has never left me stranded, and as far as wheeling alone I have been in a couple situations were even though I was with someone I still had to use my winch for different reasons,(approach angles, distance...) but that's just my 2 cents, o and btw my warn winch is 18-20 years old my father in law bought it when he got back from iraq in 91 or 92 and used it on his 77 cj5 and I bought it from him when he got his tj cuz the tj already had a warn on it, and it has never left me or him stranded, just for reference
I've also seen guys run a smittybuilt that have never been stranded for years (still using it) that 4wheel 1-2 times a month. Also I've seen both kinds of winches break as well its just about how well you take care of them not submerging them all the time and keeping a cover on them. And I will say that some Chinese brands are hit and miss but they normally can be replaced by the manufacture. Here is when people say that's why you buy American when its really that's why you don't wheel alone. So just buy whatever is in your budget, don't wheel alone and you won't have a problem.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts