Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went mudding today for about five minutes during lunch. It was mostly muddy water, and nothing deeper than the bottom of my doors. The Jeep seemed to run okay after I was done but after work I noticed it bogging out occasionally at random speeds. If I punch the throttle it will start to bog out. Sometimes stopping at idle will make it bog out. I pulled the codes from the check engine light and these are what I'm getting: 12,33,24,55

The only code that seemed like was the problem was 24 which said thad it's the TPS sensor. I replaced it two years ago. Any ideas if that is the issue and there a way to check if it is without purchasing a new sensor first.

1991 - fuel injected - V6 - Manual Trans.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
WD-40 is your friend. :)

It sounds like something got wet, and you may be able clear most if not all by finding what got wet.

I would take the TPS out and shake it to see if any water comes out; you may even be able to blow some air through it (carefully) to clear it out too; assuming its not actually bad.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
camarozz said:
WD-40 is your friend. :)

It sounds like something got wet, and you may be able clear most if not all by finding what got wet.

I would take the TPS out and shake it to see if any water comes out; you may even be able to blow some air through it (carefully) to clear it out too; assuming its not actually bad.
Repelling water is pritty much all its good for lol. I guess that's why its called "water-displacer"- 40 haha

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
So, do you spray it over your engine before you go out?
:lol: No, you have it with you just in case. If your cap gets water in it you will not go anywhere till you clear out the water. WD-40 sprayed in the cap in that instance is a quick and easy fix to get you back on the road. Its also good for displacing water in anything, so you could try it on a TPS and have it work although I have never tried it so keep in mind there is a possiblity that it would cause it not to work right afterwards either. Someone else may be able to verify this.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Repelling water is pritty much all its good for lol. I guess that's why its called "water-displacer"- 40 haha
Well, I also use it for mildly rusty bolts that I need to get off. It does help there too. :)

One time I soaked some exhaust bolts every day for a week with it. Then when I had time to take those bolts out they came out super easy. Better than the newer version of PB blaster, that stuff doesnt seem to work anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts