Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first time I went off roading.. In Hollister Hills CA.

It was my and two other buddies.. 1 yj and one older dodge pickup.. thinking dakota. yj had 4 inch lift and 33x12.50 the dodge had 36x12.50 with 5'' lift.

M3 with a 2'' bb and 32x12.50. I was amazed how well my jeep can do. I did not disconnect swaybars. and on this one trail the rear left and front right was titter/tottering.. but it handled itself well.. my legs was shaking as I got off the jeep.. just bought it 2 weeks ago..

I was not sure if I made a right decision buying such an impractical vehicle. But know I know I can live with it. Yes I still bitch about gas MPG.

heading to Yosemite this friday before I head out to the police academy in mid august.. My mini vacation. I am confident this vehicle can handle whatever the roads can dish out.. besides certain obsticle courses :p. I am also sure it would put me more in the outdoors..

At the end of the day I went through obsticles I was scared to go through when we first started.. eheheh

There is nothing I love more than to carve the canyons in my motorcycle but since it is out of commission for a month or two I can live with the jeep. sorry No pics.. Just wanted to share.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
PICS NEXT TIME! ;)

I was surprised how well mine does stock. Cant wait to get more upgrades to make it even better.

Sounds like you had fun.

~Lev

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
There is nothing I love more than to carve the canyons in my motorcycle but since it is out of commission for a month or two I can live with the jeep. sorry No pics.. Just wanted to share.
I'm a canyon carver myself....what do you ride? I'm on a highly modded R1. Where in Cali are you? Maybe we can get together before I leave for Afghanistan and frighten the local populace........

Not hijacking this thread, just wanted to say hi. Congrats on the first time off-roading with your Jeep, btw.....these things will constantly amaze you when it comes to their off-road prowess. Gas mileage sucks, but who cares?

:)
Jordan

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm a canyon carver myself....what do you ride? I'm on a highly modded R1. Where in Cali are you? Maybe we can get together before I leave for Afghanistan and frighten the local populace........

Jordan
I have an 02 r1.. insurance totaled it. reason why I have money to buy the jeep. heres a link. with stories.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1 I ride mostly the SC mountains.. bit dangerous due to cars, bikes and one way lanes.. the mecca HWY 9. lost a friend over 2 months ago.. sad.. 10 minutes after we had a group ride lunch. I took off he did another lap. went wide and head on with a mazda.. I went to the track letting it all hang out due to safer controlled enviornment. I was wrong.

I live in the SF bay in sunnyvale..

thank you for serving. It is a bad war we are in and seems endless, in afghan and iraq. I was in the army for a bit back then. MOS was in the infantry.. skrewed up my knees.

be smart in afghanistan. being too brave get you killed. looks like you have my personality traits and I was always looking for exitement.. hence moto, offroading, military and now (hopefully) be a cop. Best of luck overseas.. ever come up north pm me.. we'll ride safely.. My bike should be done in a month. not shinny but enough to ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts