Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PO had installed aftermarket alloys with 3.5" backspacing and BFG/AT 32's. I didn't care for the roller-skate look, so I picked up a set of stock Canyon wheels. (Actually, my '04 originally had graphite Ecco wheels, but I couldn't find any). Anyway, with 3.07 gears, it was s-l-o-w. Went back to BFG/AT 30's, and what a difference. I can actually use 4th gear now, even 5th on the highway. The 32's were cool, but for a DD, I'm liking the 30's a lot. Sold the old ones, so that helped, too.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
That is what is so great about the Wrangler is that there are so many options and combinations available to make it just the way we desire.:happyyes:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Mine has 4.10 gears from the factory with a 2.5 engine/manual trans. The gears seemed so low even when I went from 235s to 31s. With 31s I would start off in second gear because 1st was still too low. I wanted to go to 33s but everyone on this forum said it would be a dog because the 2.5 just isn't enough without a regear to 4.88. Long story short, found a used set of 33s and threw them on anyway. To my surprise, the 4.10 gears IS enough. I can use first gear for a change too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts