Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an article about five things Americans aren't buying anymore. One of the things Americans aren't buying anymore are convertibles. This was their idea of a convertible!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just saw an article about five things Americans aren't buying anymore. One of the things Americans aren't buying anymore are convertibles. This was their idea of a convertible!

Tried to rent a U-Haul trailer a couple years back, small and well within my tow limits. U-Haul office said I couldn't rent one to pull behind my Jeep because it was a convertible. WTF?

·
Registered
10,168 Posts
Tried to rent a U-Haul trailer a couple years back, small and well within my tow limits. U-Haul office said I couldn't rent one to pull behind my Jeep because it was a convertible. WTF?
You only need to thank the 2dr Wrangler owner who sued U-Haul for allowing him to rent a trailer. He's the one who ruined it for everyone else, not U-Haul.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You only need to thank the 2dr Wrangler owner who sued U-Haul for allowing him to rent a trailer. He's the one who ruined it for everyone else, not U-Haul.
So somebody didn't know how to pull a trailer and had to blame it on somebody, the new American way, now Jeeps can't rent small trailers??

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
When I had my trailer hitch installed at U-Haul. They told me that, if I get a soft top as opposed to the hard top. They would not rent me a trailer. I guess the hard top is ok, but not a soft top.
People don't use their heads when driving a Wrangler, than try and pass the blame on someone else if something happens.
My Focus was no sports car by any means. But I wouldn't drive my Jeep on highway ramps, or corners like I did with my Focus.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Oh the insanity is even worse, was told if I had a "hard top" I could have rented one.
couple of sheets of plywood with some well placed U-bolts should suffice. Paint it black and U-haul would hardly notice. Park at the far side of the lot. Build it with piano hinges so you can fold it up...if anyone does this send me pics. Lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
So somebody didn't know how to pull a trailer and had to blame it on somebody, the new American way, now Jeeps can't rent small trailers??
Oh the insanity is even worse, was told if I had a "hard top" I could have rented one.
So I was thinking ab buying myself a new bed for Christmas and I figure renting a small trailer would be cheaper than paying for somebody to deliver it. But I need to put my hard top on first??? I'm ab to google search this story. So crazy.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
So I was thinking ab buying myself a new bed for Christmas and I figure renting a small trailer would be cheaper than paying for somebody to deliver it. But I need to put my hard top on first??? I'm ab to google search this story. So crazy.
Do what I did, but yourself a small utility trailer on Craigslist. Than you always have it whenever your needs arise.
I actually got lucky and bought one my co-worker was selling, best thing I did.
No more relying on anyone for when I need a pickup.

·
Registered
647 Posts
So I see in my goggle search that they won't rent to Ford Explorers because of the Firestone tire deal back in the late 90's. Not having much luck finding the specific story with the Wrangler tho

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

:funnypost: :rofl: That is classic! great find :thumb:

Yep, people are definitely not buying Wranglers anymore. lol

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Jeep Wrangler - The Ultimate Convertible

(With enough money you can convert it into anything you want :D )

·
Registered
647 Posts
My mom had a '98 Explorer and I remember 1 yea she got her tires changed out 3 different times because of the Firestone deal, 5 changes total within 2 years. I remember because I was ab to turn 15 and they were making a big deal ab me and my sister driving a vehicle that's on the news every night.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Too messy

Am I missing something why can't you pull a trailer with a convertible ?
Because if the trailer jack-knifes and flips the Jeep, there is nothing to keep all the body parts inside. Causes extra clean up time, and backs up traffic.
Hard top normally cracks and scratches, but does a good job to keep brain material & body parts inside.
Bag, tag and get the lanes open again. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts