Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for anyone in western NC west of Asheville, looking for jeep clubs trails to ride and etc

·
Registered
25 Posts
hcarlgolden said:
Looking for anyone in western NC west of Asheville, looking for jeep clubs trails to ride and etc
I'm in Maggie Valley. Just got my 89 Jeep YJ, so I will definitely be going out on the back roads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sylva here... Would love to get a group together and go riding, start a club up, what ever... Rode Cowee towers and Tellico gap, been thru Cane Creek here in Sylva. There look like a lot of trails on Cane Creek, but I wouldnt want to go it alone...:whistling:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love to get a group together. I think a western NC Jeep club would be great. Would love to find some trails to ride. Anyone interested email me at [email protected] with jeep club in the subject.

we-b-jpn can you tell me how to get to cowee towers?

Sylva here... Would love to get a group together and go riding, start a club up, what ever... Rode Cowee towers and Tellico gap, been thru Cane Creek here in Sylva. There look like a lot of trails on Cane Creek, but I wouldnt want to go it alone...:whistling:

·
Registered
2 Posts
To get to Cowee towers, go out to Cowee creek and then onto Leatherman Raby, then just stay on it until you get to the top at the towers.... Really pretty up there and then you can go out thru Alarka.

Corigirlloves, can you tell me more about hurricane creek?

·
Registered
816 Posts
We-b-jpn said:
To get to Cowee towers, go out to Cowee creek and then onto Leatherman Raby, then just stay on it until you get to the top at the towers.... Really pretty up there and then you can go out thru Alarka.

Corigirlloves, can you tell me more about hurricane creek?
Sure. Its quite a fun trail off 40 west. Like literally a road right off 40w. It takes a couple hours depending on people and rigs and such. It has some hill climbs thrown about as well as a mud pit depending on weather. I enjoy it due to location and any size rig from bone stock Jeeps to modified h1s

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm from URE. But I travel to Cullowhee every week. So count me in if there is a group going in the western NC area. I would love to try trails out there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
im in Murphy which is west of asheville. and i need people to go wheeling with. i havent had the jeep off pavement in 3 weeks since i got home from school. the jeep is starting to get depressed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i have been up cane creek a couple times. i always have to turn around cause im alone though. we should hit the trail one day

·
Registered
51 Posts
Black.Jeep.Alex said:
i have been up cane creek a couple times. i always have to turn around cause im alone though. we should hit the trail one day
There's one on Tennessee/ NC border that is sick!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts