Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it looks like my soft doors don't make the best seal. I didn't notice any water when I got to the office yesterday, but when I left my floor mats had puddles and my carpet front and back are soaked through.
I parked her in the garage last night and had fans blowing on the carpet all night but they are still soaked and it's raining again today.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the same issue with my soft doors. Doesn't seem that I can get the adjustment right on the doors no matter how I change it. I'll check the weather ahead of time and throw the hard doors on if I see multiple days of rain in the forecast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'd pull the drain plugs, soak up as much water as you can and vacuum up the rest. Then you can use fans or the sun to completely dry your carpet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
We got our carpet wet once. I took 2 weeks to dry it out. I would suggest, as others have, to remove the carpet and at least let it dry out. Pull the plugs and let it drain. I found water underneath the rear compartment, where I had wet vacuumed several times, full of water a month later, with the hard top back on.

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
Drain plugs. There are 4 in the front - 2 each side. Ensure the Jeep is on level surface. My carpet drys quickly, probably because my doors are always off.

I don't know how many for the back seats since you have a 4 door.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all, I've got it sorted out, of course it's raining again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts
Anyone pull off that white diaper material on the back of the carpet? What's the purpose, is it insulation or something, seems to only run on the inside towards the tranny. The carpet actually dries pretty quick but that stuff just soaks up all the water and stays wet for a long time.

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
When I left a window down and we had a soaker, I had about 2" in the drivers foot well. I pulled the carpet back, pulled a drain plug and put some blocks under the carpet so air could get to both sides. Fortunately the next day has hot and the carpet was dry in less than 24 hours.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Last week I had a full-on rain storm hammer my parked, topless jeep overnight, oops.

At any rate, Daranello offered me this advice in another thread. I never had an opportunity to try it because I managed to get my carpets dry before getting the info, but it sounds solid and I plan to try it next time I find myself in such a sitch.

Daranello said:
Old car industry trick, close it up tight with doors and roof. Then 1. Heat on full 2 AC ON!!! 3 recirculate on.. 4 let it dry out. Everytime we shampooed used cars we did this and it dryied them out good and fast.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
my jku doesnt have the carpets in it anymore, so no worries about getting them wet or dirty. its nice to be able to take a hose to the floor of the jeep to wash out the mud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts