Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone seen BOTH the Wet Okole covers AND either Coverking or Smittybilt? The reason I ask is that Coverking/Smittybilt are both doing a "buy the front seats, get back seats free" on Quadratech, for about $190 overall, vs. Wet Okole about $500 overall.

Just wondered how they compare.

Main concerns: Waterproof, dog fur doesn't stick horribly, relatively cut-resistant.

Thanks!

Links:
Coverking Front Seat Covers with FREE Rear Cover for 13-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door with Seat Height Adjuster - Quadratec
Smittybilt Front Neoprene Seat Covers with FREE Rear Cover for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

About to buy a 2014 Willy's and getting ready!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I saved up and got the Bartact seat covers (formally trek armor ) . IMHO the QUALITY is worth it. The fit and finish is outstanding. I bought the cover kings for my brother last Christmas and he was not impressed. I also got some negative feedback on smittybuilt seat covers from local jeepers. They said after a year, they didn't hold up well.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I highly recommend the trek armor/bartact ones as well. I have had them on for about 6 months and they are amazing!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi, has anyone seen BOTH the Wet Okole covers AND either Coverking or Smittybilt? The reason I ask is that Coverking/Smittybilt are both doing a "buy the front seats, get back seats free" on Quadratech
Thanks for the link regarding the sale. I had the trek armor seat covers and the fit and finish was very good. Almost looked like the jeep came with them. I just watched an install video for the smittybilt covers and they "look" like seat covers....but $190 shipped for front and rear is very tempting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link regarding the sale. I had the trek armor seat covers and the fit and finish was very good. Almost looked like the jeep came with them. I just watched an install video for the smittybilt covers and they "look" like seat covers....but $190 shipped for front and rear is very tempting.
Yeah I know what you mean, I feel like all the pictures of any neoprene ones I've seen just look like seat covers, hence I'm wondering if any are really worth double the price of others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, anyone have exp with dog hair and the trek armor/bartact ones? It looks like they are a cloth surface which I'm assuming dog hair can stick to.

For that matter does it stick to the neoprene ones? I assumed it would brush off like leather or vinyl seats but maybe not..?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Relative to the stock seats, dog hair doesn't seem to stick that bad to the trek armor covers (obviously some will stick). The hair doesn't get as embedded so it's easier to vacuum. I'm not sure about the neoprene covers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Trek armor is simple clean and dog hair doesn't stick at all. 7 months and still like new! As far as tacky looking, they are by far the best covers and get compliments all the time. And as far as logo, most every part that is made by a company has a logo on it, poison Spyder, Adams driveshafts, tom woods, Eco,

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the Wet Okole ones and so far love them. I got the seat heaters with them and they work great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't get the Smittybilt. They are near impossible to put on which means you won't take them off to wash them like you might want. If they switched the hook and loop it would be much easier. Anyway, the bottoms attach with a strap and buckle which broke after only 2 months with very few passengers. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I had wet okole in my 4runner. Quality made and they lasted for years. The only issue is that they are neoprene which is wetsuit material. It gets pretty steamy sitting on them. Dog hair is a big issue as it sticks really well.

I just installed Bartact (trek armor) in my JKU and I like them better. They're not stretchy and much tougher of a material. Dog hair doesn't stick as much. They feel and look like a factory seat covering and not a cover. The webbing and pockets are great extra features too. No worries about the kids eating the back anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had wet okole in my 4runner. Quality made and they lasted for years. The only issue is that they are neoprene which is wetsuit material. It gets pretty steamy sitting on them. Dog hair is a big issue as it sticks really well.

I just installed Bartact (trek armor) in my JKU and I like them better. They're not stretchy and much tougher of a material. Dog hair doesn't stick as much. They feel and look like a factory seat covering and not a cover. The webbing and pockets are great extra features too. No worries about the kids eating the back anymore.
Thanks, if dog hair sticks to the neoprene but not as much to the Bartact, I have my answer!! thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts