Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to go through some relatively deep water lately (it was below the running boards but only by a couple inches) and about 100' in length. Immediately after, we noticed that the passenger floorboard was soaked. I am not 100% certain it was from the water crossing...but that is when we noticed it. There was a LOT of rain; so, I guess it is possible it could have been from somewhere else...but we noticed it right after the crossing.

So, I guess, my question... Is there a drain plug or something that may be missing that I should look for? We crossed slowly, but I guess it is possible the water hit the firewall. Is there some crack or plug along the firewall I should look for?

I know some people have issues with the door seals...I am 100% certain the water was well below the door sill (we had the rear passenger door open so my son could monitor water depth).

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are multiple water plugs in the floors. I you tubed it the other day and found a video that showed where they are.

I am having the same kind of water issue. The floor by the passenger and driver feet are completely soaked. Mine could only be from the rain. Had my door seals replaced, didn't work. Dropped the jeep off at the dealer yesterday. They said it is from the freedom top and are going to change that out. Hopefully it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts