Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Los Angeles
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, Sunday...

Driving home from getting groceries for the week. Weather was nice, cool breeze at 8am. I have to drive through an area with stop signs and the speed is posted at 25 mph. I am running 15 mph, in no rush. I take off slow from an intersection, and a large rattle from under the Jeep. Ok now, “rattle” is not enough of a word, but I don’t have another one big enough.

I coast to the side and park under a tree. I just sit, enjoying the breeze. 2 minutes in to my relaxation and melt down stall, a guy comes out and says I dropped my drive shaft. Judging by the oil slick in my rear view mirror, much more than a driveshaft, lol.

I get out and take a peek. Yep, crank rod put a nice little slit in the oil pan as it smashed into the block, taking out a cookie sized chunk.

So far, I have a buddy that will get me towed to where ever I need to go, a buddy that is going to do what he can to get me back on the road, and another dude with a rebuilt 4.0 that I am going to pick up Wednesday.

Life is good.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Dang, with enemies like that, who needs friends?

Hate that that happened to ya but damn it sounds like you are bouncing back well.... where's the 4th guy?
The one w the supercharger kit?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice to have friends . . . as well as a good attitude. Good luck with the overhaul. :thumb:

Depending where in L.A. you are, if you need parts, Sgt. Jeep in Rosamond, near Mojave. is a large dismantler/seller. Tommy is a good guy to deal with.

https://www.facebook.com/sgtjeep.ca/

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Sorry Jon, but with that great attitude, You'll at least have a block and head to start building your own 4.0 how you want to slide back in.

·
Los Angeles
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Jon, but with that great attitude, You'll at least have a block and head to start building your own 4.0 how you want to slide back in.
Thanks, man.

It is a newly rebuilt 4.0 built by a builder with great reviews. Apparently the guy who has it has decided to go bigger, a Hemi swap.

One good thing about it is that is comes with the ECU, harness and many of the accessories. I already have basically new accessories so I get to pass these on to a fellow Jeeper that is in need of them. Feels like I am helping donate a kidney, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Awesome, Now you have an extra really big boat anchor then. LOL, Glad you have a quick, didn't say easy, Solution.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Awesome, Now you have an extra really big boat anchor then. LOL, Glad you have a quick, didn't say easy, Solution.
We are going to make it as painless as possible.

·
Los Angeles
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are going to make it as painless as possible.
SoCalC101CJYJTJ is the buddy that is going to do what he can to get me back on the road, lol. I didn’t know if he wanted to be mentioned or not. He adds 100% to the good attitude.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
+1 for Community....

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
That is what life is all about. Do good, and good will come to you. Kind of a spin on the old adage “Do into others”, or Ghandi’s “Be the change you want to see in the world”, although not quite as well known. ������

It really isn’t difficult being a Cool Human, in fact it takes very little effort to help someone in need of a hand.

Plus, Jon’s YJ is way too nice to leave sitting for long.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Take all those chewed up parts and make a kick ass coffee table...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ouch!

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
You say potato, I say cauliflower. You say tomato, I say apple...
Just lookin out for ya buddy... It's rough have a friend correct you but far worse to have folks laugh behind your back forever and ever and ever and....

·
Los Angeles
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Just lookin out for ya buddy... It's rough have a friend correct you but far worse to have folks laugh behind your back forever and ever and ever and....
I had to look back and see if I really wrote apple! Lol

Growing up as a redneck, we always said crank rod. I know it is a connecting rod but wanted to look like a vet. One that I can’t do is dizzy.

So what I got done today. It looks like nothing but for me it was a lot.

Next episode will be at SoCal’s.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts