Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally getting all the stuff together for an interior fluff up. I decided to pull my steering wheel just to get it loosened up, Last time I did it to change out the turn signal switch was a couple years ago and probably the first time ever, took an hour of fighting, soaking, fighting some more, I bent the cheap bolts that came with the El Cheapo puller I bought, got frustrated and threw it out, forgetting that I had done so, I started looking for a hefty piece of scrap steel to make a new one, found an old set of Kwikset door hinges and thought these look heavy enough if I double them up.

Turns out the holes in the hinges are exactly spaced for the puller bolt holes on my stock Jeep wheel. Grabbed a couple 1 1/2" grade 8 bolts, had to run a drill bit through the two screw holes, a couple washers and VOILA, a home made puller in a couple minutes. Worked perfect wheel popped off in seconds. Cleaned the horn connections while I was at it.

Ordered me a new set of spark plugs with the money I saved. LOL :winner:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I like it, resourceful!

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Dig the new horn button Joe! Wait, maybe I should read the content prior to looking at the pictures!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts