Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn’t an attempt to garner interest. I wish I had unlimited space. I have an AX15 that came out of my 89 Wrangler. I’m trying to decide if I should keep it for a spare, and learn how to rebuild it, or sell it. It was functional, but grinded between gears and took a little muscle to get into reverse.

What are they worth as is, with bell housing? Would it be worth rebuilding to sell? I’m considering keeping it too. My 12 yo daughter is already telling me she wants a Jeep for her first vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
$25 or as much as someones willing to pay.

A friend of mine just bought a working AX15 and NP231 for $150. Bad news is he also needs to buy an external slave bell housing and everything to go along with it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$25 or as much as someones willing to pay.

A friend of mine just bought a working AX15 and NP231 for $150. Bad news is he also needs to buy an external slave bell housing and everything to go along with it.
That’s what I figured. I’ll keep it and rebuild it when I need it. It might come in handy someday.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Or sell it to someone like me who has a BA/10 that will someday be replaced and has room to tear it down, rebuild it and have it ready to go.... If you live somewhere near Phoenix Az. LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or sell it to someone like me who has a BA/10 that will someday be replaced and has room to tear it down, rebuild it and have it ready to go.... If you live somewhere near Phoenix Az. LOL
Albuquerque here, surprised the damn thing hasn’t been stolen yet.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Bummer, One of my guys from work is out there in NM right now, but he's in a 2dr Beemer, doubt I could talk him into hauling it back. lol

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I hauled home a zf6 and transfer case for my powerstroke truck in a saturn car w the passenger and rear seats removed..... just gotta want it......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ax15 is a popular swap in 66-77 Broncos dont limit yourself to Jeep crowd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts