Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Jeep is in my area and would be something I’d consider buying, but I don’t understand why the high asking price. What is a good first offer if the Jeep is what I’d want after a test drive? Anything stand out as a red flag? I’m a newbie to Jeep so am not in the know. Can I not show a fb market place post?

·
Super Moderator
14,013 Posts
Seems a bit steep for a 6 cylinder and way steep for a 4 cylinder. Miles are low for most YJs that I see for sale. In Denver area, that might be an $8K Jeep if it was rust free.
If it has any rust on the tub or especially the frame, the price drops dramatically.
A 1995 should have a dual diaphragm brake booster and an external clutch slave cylinder, which makes a '95 somewhat more desirable than the earlier YJs.

Do some local research and make your offer. If the seller declines, thank him for his time and walk away.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,742 Posts
11K is a fishing expedition IMO.
Basically a stock jeep with a $100 body lift and new soft top from the pics. I'd expect a pristine interior with better than average paint and body, with better suspensionand wheels and tires for 11K
2.5l motors tend to create buyers remorse for power hungry jeepers, functional, but leaving you wanting more.,

I'd low ball 5.5k and be willing to go 7k with Phoenix market. Again, If Rust Free, and looks as good up close as the pics

·
Registered
852 Posts
This Jeep is in my area and would be something I’d consider buying, but I don’t understand why the high asking price. What is a good first offer if the Jeep is what I’d want after a test drive? Anything stand out as a red flag? I’m a newbie to Jeep so am not in the know. Can I not show a fb market place post?
$5,000 ...he is crazy.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like that one.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,742 Posts
2.5l just not my favorite powerplant

Reactions: vmxwinn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts