Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a cold air intake system from ebay "car parts wholesales"
1-866-828-4322. ALL THE HARDWARE AND PARTS /BOX EVERYTHING FOR BOUT $70
Beats the Hell outta $278. FYI......I'm just saying.........
it was bolt it on everything you need and it was affordable.
I'm just saying...........:flipoff:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm just sayin'.... what's the sense of having a CAI when it doesn't do crap for a Jeep???
Again, just sayin'!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
HyperBuzzin said:
I'm just sayin'.... what's the sense of having a CAI when it doesn't do crap for a Jeep???
Again, just sayin'!!
Sorry blademaker, but this guy is right. Better off using that money for something else...but again, just sayin'!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Glad you found yourself a good deal. Sometimes deals like that you just can't pass up.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
A good deal on crap is not a good deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess i should have saved my money to buy a round of "haterade"............lol

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
COME ON, it's his money, let him spend it how he wants to. In one form or another we all do that, right? I'm sure we all have something on our Jeeps somebody, someplace wouldn't like or want.

·
Registered
642 Posts
COME ON, it's his money, let him spend it how he wants to. In one form or another we all do that, right? I'm sure we all have something on our Jeeps somebody, someplace wouldn't like or want.
But when it's mentioned so often here that a CAI isn't worth adding and is money better spent on other mods, just gotta wonder why some people still insist on doing it?!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
But when it's mentioned so often here that a CAI isn't worth adding and is money better spent on other mods, just gotta wonder why some people still insist on doing it?!
Probably because the average consumer is lead to believe it IS worth it. Unless you see and/or are searching the threads debunking its worth one will most likely assume it's a good purchase.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have an intake on my jeep and I like it. I havnt had any problems out of mine and I feel that filter options are better than stock.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It's ok I too fell into the CAI trap years ago. The only thing it's done for me is save me money on air filters. I did however make mine the best I could. I have an Airaid and I bought the dust cover that slips over the filter. Makes a huge difference in the respect that water beads up on the cover when it gets wet and doesn't get sucked into the engine. It also keeps mud and dirt out of the filter and the intake tube and engine.

A little story of experience:
Put in an airaid without the dust cover. Went mudding and covered the filter in mud and ruined it. I bought a new filter and a dust cover this time, Covered it in mud and water again but it all stuck to the outside cover. Rinsed it off good as new. Now every time I clean the filter I wipe the inside of the instake tube and ever since I installed the dust cover (almost 2 years ago) there has not been a single speck of dirt in the tube.

I had a k&n on an old XJ I used to have and yes K&N lets in more air but it also lets in more dirt. The intake tube on that thing would get dusty and dirty which meant it was also going straight to the engine. My advice, if you MUST have a CAI do yourself a favor and get a dust cover for it, it really makes all the difference in the world. Mine is water resistant and I have yet to get the filter wet or muddy through the dust cover.

This is what I'm talking about.
Airaid Pre-Filter

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Probably because the average consumer is lead to believe it IS worth it. Unless you see and/or are searching the threads debunking its worth one will most likely assume it's a good purchase.
Something to be said about the value of the search function huh?

I have a AFE CAI with a "dust cover" on it and have had 0 problems with having a dirty intake tube and that includes over 500 miles of desert wheelin'. Granted I bought it before I joined this forum but still.......it was my money.

·
Registered
313 Posts
A cai isn't designed to keep out dirt or water.They are for the sole purpose of adding power by providing increased/cooler intake airflow. They do nothing for a jeep as far as increasing horsepower. It has been proven. You can put a "dust filter" over the stock trumpet on the airbox and have the same effect.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
A cai isn't designed to keep out dirt or water.They are for the sole purpose of adding power by providing increased/cooler intake airflow. They do nothing for a jeep as far as increasing horsepower. It has been proven. You can put a "dust filter" over the stock trumpet on the airbox and have the same effect.
your absolutely correct and if I had a stock box I would put it in but since there is already a CAI in there I made the best of it to keep out dirt and water.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts