Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 4th 2006 the Ancira Show & Shine
March 5th Work Day at the Ink’s Ranch.

After spending the whole week getting my 2003 Rubicon clean enough for the Ancira S&S last Saturday. I packed up all my gear on Sunday and spent the day in Llano, TX on a work day getting ready for Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree now less than two weeks away.

The big part of the trails are cut, cleared and marked. Now we are looking for ways to make the trails a bit more interesting, by adding in loops that will challenge your skills. Or if your first thought is "I'm not taking my Jeep thought that!" you can stand back and take a few Photos.

We suffered some minimal carnage but all the Jeeps were able to drive out and no one got hurt; but it was some rugged off-roading. After 10 years of wheeling I learned a new rule… If you don’t break a bone, you don’t need new hood or crush your windshield it is not classified as a rollover it’s only an Oops.

[CENTER}Here are a few pics, I'll get more up on JeepTales.com later this week.



[/CENTER]
 

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
Joined
·
7,760 Posts
Aww man, that's not wheelin that just driving between two rocks. :D You should've put your passenger side tires up on that rock and rolled thru there and got a little paint scraped off the top of your cage. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hrere are two more!


To make that spot wide enough for that Jeep we had to chip away at the rock on the left for over an hour and move it about 2" with 3 Jeeps and Winches. Our guess is that rock weighs between 14 and 16 tons.





This is the bypass if you are too wide for the rocks. :flipoff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
differences in days

i will tell you the difference a day make, yesterday it was a scalding, sunbuning 92* outside:cool: (dont poke fun that is hot for us this time a year espeiclly if your not used to it again:p .) but last night it rained and a huge cold front came thought and the high to day was 60*:mad: that is a 32* drop in less then 16 hours. that really sucks becaus i had my top off and doors off ready for a day off my job :mad: :mad: :mad: which was TODAY.:mad: :mad: :mad:.to go ride around in the nice warm weather but no old man winter had a different plan:flipoff: . so there is a serious difference a day can make.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Sorry!

mswilder said:
i will tell you the difference a day make, yesterday it was a scalding, sunbuning 92* outside:cool: (dont poke fun that is hot for us this time a year espeiclly if your not used to it again:p .) but last night it rained and a huge cold front came thought and the high to day was 60*:mad: that is a 32* drop in less then 16 hours. that really sucks becaus i had my top off and doors off ready for a day off my job :mad: :mad: :mad: which was TODAY.:mad: :mad: :mad:.to go ride around in the nice warm weather but no old man winter had a different plan:flipoff: . so there is a serious difference a day can make.
I'm sorry to hear that!

Did you put on a Jacket and grab a cap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
no my jeep got wet so i spent a good part of the morning drying it out, after that i let it dry out in the sun, (even thought it was only about 60*) and didnt go any where all day long.
 

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
Joined
·
7,760 Posts
jeeptales said:

To make that spot wide enough for that Jeep we had to chip away at the rock on the left for over an hour and move it about 2" with 3 Jeeps and Winches. Our guess is that rock weighs between 14 and 16 tons.



This is the bypass if you are too wide for the rocks. :flipoff:
Uh, the bypass here looks way more fun than the little squeeze. And yeah, that sounds like a big rock. I wouldn't mind trying to climb it. :D

And damn Wilder, 92 in Arkansas in March is pretty crazy. It hasn't gotten over 80 here in the desert in quite a while. But thanks for the updated I better let my mom and dad know because we have a house on Beaver Lake and I bet they are going to have to get down there from KC and mow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one word for you!

mswilder said:
no my jeep got wet so i spent a good part of the morning drying it out, after that i let it dry out in the sun, (even thought it was only about 60*) and didnt go any where all day long.


My Jeep Stinks when it gets that wet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
i will remember the febreze, for next time, it is continully warming up. so it will dry out eventlly.lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
here is anther difference

Here it is later the same week(less the 7 days) of a day that hit 92*, it has been raining all day long and the high hit an amazing 42* that is what it was at 3:00 today. I hate hot springs weather, ( being between 4 mountians does not help the weather). yea the scenery is beautiful but the weather is so biazarre. I hate old man winter evey time I go to take my top off, he ruins it by making it cold and rainy. so cheers to you who have had the weather to have fun and hope to see you soon.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
San Antonio Weather

Jeep Jamboree is now 4 days away!

Last night we have T-Storms 2 -3 inches of rain Golf Ball Size hail just out side of San Antonio. It rained 1.75" at my house last night.

And now clear skies 64 outside and we should have perfect wheeling weather through Jeep Jamboree.

It rained 4" in Llano last night so we might have some stream crossing!


"THANK YOU GOD FOR PERFECT JEEP JAMBOREE WEATHER!!!"
Today is my anniversary…

It was 14 Years ago today I Became a Dad!

It’s more exciting than my own birthday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
well congrats on the anniversary, and good luck at the jeep jamboree. and hopfully there was no damage from the hail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not my Jeep!

mswilder said:
well congrats on the anniversary, and good luck at the jeep jamboree. and hopfully there was no damage from the hail.
My Jeep Sleep in the Garage.

I have not heard of any damge yet but I'm sure there is some out there.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top