Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly gotta say I will NEVER buy another JEEP!!! I bought this POS a year and a half ago and low miles(68000km) and I never abuse it. All I do is use it to go fishin and very rarely go offroad or muddin. BOTH diffs needed bearings and seals. Rear brakes needed doing. Tranny mount broke. Rear shocks have been done. Fuel pump has been done. and now something is banging around underneath. and all I did was go fishing up a well maintained road. Seriously I used to go up the same road in my car. will have to wash underneath to find out what broke this time, but once its fixed, I'm gonna try to sell thePOS and buy a real truck.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
If you very rarely go mudding, why the sig?

Somebody needs a hug.

·
Registered
89 Posts
sounds like either 1) you got taken to the cleaners. or 2) you didnt even check out the jeep before you bought it. or maybe..... BOTH

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to play in the mud and loved to get the POS dirty. Found out that with a Jeep every mud puddle(even on pavement) was gonna cause something to fall apart. I mean really, my lowered SRT gave me less problems than this on Gravel. This POS is literally rattling itself apart on roads that arent even ruff. I just hope I can find what broke this time, fix it AGAIN and sell the POS. I have never had to do this many repairs for no reason on any of my vehicles.

·
Genius
20,965 Posts
It sounds like you got a lemon. I've never had problems like what your having with either of my Jeeps.

Don't write off Jeeps just yet.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like either 1) you got taken to the cleaners. or 2) you didnt even check out the jeep before you bought it. or maybe..... BOTH
Paid for the CARFAX. It came back clean. Took it to a shop I deal with locally, checked out OK. Figured with less than 70000km on a completely stock unit with what looked like normal wear and tear(brakes tires etc and a feew minor scratches) and the dealer checked it out as no history of problems. And I took it for a few days and put it thru what I would expect from a 4x4 and it seemed fine. Had the fluids checked and there were no bad indicators. Basically I checked and had the POS checked every way I could think of and It's still a heap

·
Registered
615 Posts
You got hosed and bought somebody else's problem. Don't hate all Jeeps just because you bought one that was previously abused! It can/does happen to all makes and models, all it takes is an abusive owner who does not take care of it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
You are doing something wrong or have really bad luck because I have an 02 with about 140k and I beat the hell out of it and it has held up fine. Proper maintenance is required and I've had nothing actually break. Have you ever maintained your diffs, or did the PO?

·
Registered
615 Posts
CARFAX and dealer VIN checks will only show problems that were fixed by a shop or reported to one. If the previous owner hacked it back together himself it wouldn't show on their reports.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
You need to redo your sig...
Got screwed????:banghead:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
CARFAX and dealer VIN checks will only show problems that were fixed by a shop or reported to one. If the previous owner hacked it back together himself it wouldn't show on their reports.
x2 on that...The body shop I work at, you'd be amazed at the people who will come in and pay cash to get something fixed without any question so their insurance rates don't increase. If you don't have to deal with an insurance company, then it won't show up on a carfax for the most part...which are a waste of money...call the previous owner. Alot cheaper...I laugh at a dealer every time they say "we got the carfax for you to review...." Yeah, and I bring my 3rd grade report card to every car transaction for you to look at too buddy...who cares....:9lame:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As I stated I checked out the POS every way I could think of myself and with the help of shops ( I work in parts so have lots of dealing with shops )not to mention a few friends that 4wheel. I figured I could pick it up for fishing and have a bit of fun with the usual maintenance. I did all the fluids when I bought it and have done oil changes when needed(Lucas 5/30 synthetic) and check my diffs transfer etc. I have been working and mainaining cars, trucks and heavy equipment since I was 15(43 now) so do know a thing or 2 about maintenance. I have never seen such a POS in my life. I spend one day driving it and the rest of the week fixing it after work. Take this jeep and shove it. Thinkin about having it (go missing) and collect the insurance. This POS has got me completely turned off Jeeps

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought my jeep as a weekend toy because I figured it would require more maintenance then my DD Acura or Lexus. Don't get me wrong, I love my jeep but I do feel your pain. I have only put a couple thousand miles on her and I am already having break issues. But I knew what I was getting into (just empty every pocket).

·
Genius
20,965 Posts
As I stated I checked out the POS every way I could think of myself and with the help of shops ( I work in parts so have lots of dealing with shops )not to mention a few friends that 4wheel. I figured I could pick it up for fishing and have a bit of fun with the usual maintenance. I did all the fluids when I bought it and have done oil changes when needed(Lucas 5/30 synthetic) and check my diffs transfer etc. I have been working and mainaining cars, trucks and heavy equipment since I was 15(43 now) so do know a thing or 2 about maintenance. I have never seen such a POS in my life. I spend one day driving it and the rest of the week fixing it after work. Take this jeep and shove it. Thinkin about having it (go missing) and collect the insurance. This POS has got me completely turned off Jeeps
Go test drive a Ferrari or an Aston Martin to get the bad taste out of your mouth and trade that POS in on a new JK.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I woulda known what garbage Jeeps were, I woulda never got rid of my car. I traded my STR and My Ranger to get it and now I really miss them. Way more quality vehicles and never let me down and the Ranger was a 25 year old rustbucket. And it was still better than a jeep

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well sorry to hear it but this is why there are people who only buy new cars. I am not one of those people though. 68,000km may not be a lot but if the PO drove it HARD then it is a lot!

I am done now, I can tell you are too pissed/stubborn to have your mind changed so good luck on your next vehicle! And p.s find a new mechanic to check out your new ride.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
68000 km is about 40000 miles. If a truck is falling apart after that with no signs of abuse( I did say I looked it over myself and with friends aside from the shop giving it the OK) I dont want it. Oh yeah, I forgot, Jeeps arent trucks.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.