Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lock a thread that you don't agree with, and when half of the forum is calling you out.

Classy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
i just read that thread, and i agree with what you say about the gearing. i went with 4.88 for my 37's, but i could/should have gone with 5.13's. this on the 3.8L manual. ideally, the first blue tick is where to be for a performance oriented rig, offroad or onroad. just need to forget about mileage with 35-37" tires, its just not going to be good no matter what you do with gearing.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Are those charts using advertised tires sizes or actual measured tire height when installed? It can be a fairly large difference, putting you in a different color.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I've had my own thread locked due to a mod himself posting off topic content.

Sadly, this is not a discussion forum....it's an agree with the old timers thinking echo chamber.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I learned quickly that this forum is highly biased towards traditional looking Jeeps. Lots of piling on is allowed...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No forum is a pure example of the First Amendment, nor should this one be.

It is a private enterprise established by the owner/s and with policies adjudicated by the Admin and Mods.

The Internet is wide open to start a forum that encompasses views that do not coincide with or run counter to this forum.

http://www.wikihow.com/Start-a-Forum

·
Registered
695 Posts
Moderators should, for the most part, just "moderate" and be invisible on the forum. If/when the moderator has some something positive to add to a discussion, great. Why? Because the following happens too often:

A moderator posts a debatable "opinion" and claims it to be "fact" (when indeed it's viewed by most as an "opinion") then defends his/her "opinion" with thread contributors, often becoming argumentative. The same moderator then threatens to close the thread in which the moderator participated. This appears vengeful, whether intended or not.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Moderators should, for the most part, just "moderate" and be invisible on the forum. If/when the moderator has some something positive to add to a discussion, great. Why? Because the following happens too often:

A moderator posts a debatable "opinion" and claims it to be "fact" (when indeed it's an "opinion") then defends his/her "opinion" with thread contributors, often becoming argumentative. The same moderator then threatens to close the thread in which the moderator participated. This appears vengeful, whether intended or not.
Well maybe people should keep it on topic instead of personal attacks.
This appears vengeful, weather intended or not.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts

A moderator posts a debatable "opinion" and claims it to be "fact" (when indeed it's viewed by most as an "opinion") then defends his/her "opinion" with thread contributors, often becoming argumentative. The same moderator then threatens to close the thread in which the moderator participated. This appears vengeful, whether intended or not.
That's a great theory.

You do realize that being a forum moderator isn't normally a paying gig, right?

You usually have a regular forum member who has demonstrated the ability to be involved in discussions without turning them into flame wars, and the forum admin asks them to moderate.

Would you stop posting your opinion because you volunteered to try to keep the forum civil?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
That's a great theory.

You do realize that being a forum moderator isn't normally a paying gig, right?

You usually have a regular forum member who has demonstrated the ability to be involved in discussions without turning them into flame wars, and the forum admin asks them to moderate.

Would you stop posting your opinion because you volunteered to try to keep the forum civil?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I'm a moderator on a firearm forum with a few hundred thousand active members. It is not as you said a paying gig but you have responsibilities to the forum and its members. If you think that it doesn't or shouldn't change your role in the forum you are smoking crack. The thing about being a moderator is you don't have to accept the position. You are first recruited because you are one of the members that helps make the forum great AND you are offered the ability to help make it great from an administrative position. If you accept... It changes the type of input you should have in the threads UNLESS IT IS YOUR THREAD in which case I don't think you should moderate your own thread.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.