Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Very expensive, why?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
OODLE GOBS of engineering in THAT package......

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Don't get it.......You spend what $30k on a JK with all the modern bells and whistles and now you want to go old school and have to get out to lock hubs every time you want to put it in 4x4?

·
Registered
738 Posts
but I might have to actually get out of my Jeep and get my feet dirty or wet.

·
Registered
738 Posts
:rofl:

OK well I might get cold, hot or mud on my hands :whistling:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Well, you can work/repair them.

If you blow the diff you can get home without gringing up stuff.

And what about JEEPS, is not expensive?:rofl:
I already spend too much on the Jeep. With that kind of cash you can make some nice mods that you'll use all of the time. However, it seems there must be enough people out there that want them since there's a company that's manufacturing them...

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Does it help MPG ?? :popcorn:
4 to 5 mpg increase..... of corse this was told to me seckond hand buy a guy that knows a guy that did it... so take it for what its worth :whistling:

Oh and of last year no one made a kit that would hold up to anything over 33's. Dont know about now.

·
The Bad Guy
23,243 Posts
4 to 5 mpg increase..... of corse this was told to me seckond hand buy a guy that knows a guy that did it... so take it for what its worth :whistling:

Oh and of last year no one made a kit that would hold up to anything over 33's. Dont know about now.
It's actually 1/2 ro 1 mpg at most. Not nearly enough to justify the expense.

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
Does it help MPG ?? :popcorn:

It's actually 1/2 ro 1 mpg at most. Not nearly enough to justify the expense.
i drove around for months without my front shaft in,, ZERO increase in mpg ZERO. and yeas i know were talking about locking hub;s

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK,so you brake a U-joint on the front.How long does it take to pull the shaft and get back on the trail? What tools will be needed for the job?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: There's a substancial saving in gas mileage-

If you figure in the cost of the "NEW" manual hubs and then drive your jeep, at least 280 thousand miles----you'll save at least $486 bucks---

Now, if you want the physical attraction of manual hubs and you're used to "blowing" front universals/spiders/axles--it's a good deal !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
438 Posts
You will also need to convert the rear wheel bolt pattern if you want to be able to rotate the wheels since the 5X5 bolt pattern is too small for the hubs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All the wheels will need to be changed to 5x5 1/2.Kit comes with new rear axles.So it is, a added cost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts