Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The bluetooth stream dropping out on the 430 factory head unit is driving me crazy, especially considering the 7 year old head unit that I've got in my other car streams bluetooth from my iPhone 5 without any dropouts at all.

What stereo headunit are you running in your JK, and how does it work for you?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Pioneer AVH-8400. Looks like the first pic and it's detachable face

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Joining the Pioneer club here with an AVH-3400BH. I have kickers and polyfill in the sound bar + backup camera input. Sounds good. Make sure you get the module to retain your steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My brother has the AVH-X4500BT. Biggest pain in the ass to install. I have a Clarion CX-501 that is simple and works great. I don't need anything fancy.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it looks like most are running double DIN models now?

This looks like a good list for me to start me research with. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just installed Alpine INE S920HD required me to modify the metal bracket that supports the stereo at the back, no biggie. Very happy with the sound quality and volume. Also used the KTP 445 power pack by Alpine to push power to the speakers.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I lovemy 8400. Clean screen, good response, and user friendly. I have an entire aftermarket setup after wasting about $1300 to rip out the infinity stuff and the kicker and fosgate speakers and amps I went with after the infinity. Now it's all JL and I'm very happy.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I also went with the Single DIn set up with a Pioneer DEH-P9400BH. I had a DD unit in my last vehicle and intended to re-use it. However I wanted a removable face and a cubby underneath to store my phone and wallet in.

At the time, this was the best Single DIN unit that Pioneer had. 3 sets of RCA pre-outs, 2 rear USB, 5-ban EQ, etc. And it worked with my existing Sirius tuner SC-10. Made life easy to plug and play with that.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
JVC KW-AV60BT. Like Dmactampa's Pioneer it is slightly unusual in that it's a double DIN unit with a removable faceplate; loads of features including Bluetooth, Sirius, Pandora, DVD playback, USB (in the glove box), support for back up camera etc. Currently available for less than $300 on Amazon (I paid $266).

Install was a breeze using the PAC RP4-CH11 harness to retain steering wheel controls and the Scosche dash kit; no modification of the dash is required. I see some people saying that they modified the metal bracket, but I just removed the whole thing. Seems to be fine although at some point in the future I might fabricate something to support the back end of the HU, but it isn't exactly a heavy unit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts