Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just got my new rocker guards from AtoZ, i got the ww2ww guards. What paint and primer do you guys recomend. Also what ratio of primer to paint should i do. Thanks!!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Clean them first, 2 coats primer for metal, however many coats of what ever paint you want till they look good. If you wheel it they will get scratched up, so keep some extra on hand for touch ups... :)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Brand-wise, I am kinda giving up on Rustoleum and using more Krylon now. The Krylon just seems to go on more easily without the runs that Rustoleum seems to do more of. Personally, I go with one coat of primer and one coat, or if I'm feeling especially unrushed, two coats of satin (aka semi-gloss) black Krylon on top.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i know jerry and it seems rustoleum dosent hold up very well either, what brand or type of primer do you suggest?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You didnt say wether the KRylon was the paint or primer, i know krylon is known for paint so thats how i took it. Do you suggest Krylon primer aswell then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts