Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Leatherman, towel, jumper cables, hoodie, poncho, trash bags for the seats, wipes, and always have one of those 50ish peice tool sets since I have another one at home. All I have for now

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Leatherman, towel, jumper cables, hoodie, poncho, trash bags for the seats, wipes, and always have one of those 50ish peice tool sets since I have another one at home. All I have for now
This, add a flash light, knife, bungees, butt wipe, binos, lighter, crescent wrench, hmm what else???

·
Registered
199 Posts
Grab handles, I like the big mag light flash lights and under seat holder, duct tape, paper towels/towel for spills, and a set of gloves for any under the hood work/tire changes.

I've got an old YJ, I've found a can of WD40 helps, everytime I find out what else maybe squeeking, I give it a spray. I also have a can of fix a flat, some power bars, and a bottle of water in case I get stuck somewhere.

I also have dogs, so I have an extra roll of dog waste bags and an extra leash.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Grab handles, I like the big mag light flash lights and under seat holder, duct tape, paper towels/towel for spills, and a set of gloves for any under the hood work/tire changes.

I've got an old YJ, I've found a can of WD40 helps, everytime I find out what else maybe squeeking, I give it a spray. I also have a can of fix a flat, some power bars, and a bottle of water in case I get stuck somewhere.

I also have dogs, so I have an extra roll of dog waste bags and an extra leash.
I like the big mag lights also, double as a beatin stick if needed.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Spinner hub caps!... Not rims, hubcaps... Yea that would be wicked. I mean, you don't wannabe the only guy without them.

Seriously though. A good snatchrope with NO metal hooks, machete, small shovel, stuff to help you get out of a jam. I carry enough food and water to be comfortable for 3 days and a GO bag that I can live pretty indefinitely out of if I have to. Use your imagination and tailor it to your situation. Where do you live, urban rural, snowy winters, etc...???

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
machete,?
That's what I've been needing, gotta revive a few trails around here. Keep meaning to order a couple from harbor freight but payments/gas:doh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in a fairly rural area plenty of trails. Just trying to get an idea of what I should leave in my Jeep in emergency or just handy in various situations.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You never know when you'll need to... plant sun flowers? :whistling:
Uh.... actually I don't know if the guy was bs'n or not but that is excellent advice! As a prepper I study this stuff, the sunflower seedis nearly the perfect emergency ration. It contains sugar and fat, and is a natural appetite suppesent. Use caution with the salted ones though, they can dehydrate you or make you thirsty and thus you need more water. I personally carry evoo and cashews.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Uh.... actually I don't know if the guy was bs'n or not but that is excellent advice! As a prepper I study this stuff, the sunflower seedis nearly the perfect emergency ration. It contains sugar and fat, and is a natural appetite suppesent. Use caution with the salted ones though, they can dehydrate you or make you thirsty and thus you need more water. I personally carry evoo and cashews.
No i wasnt. All that good stuff that you mentioned plus it helps keep your mind off stuff.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:thumb:
No i wasnt. All that good stuff that you mentioned plus it helps keep your mind off stuff.
:thumb:

That's the kind of stuff a fellow survivalist knows:thumb:

And you didn't ask why Olive oil... Dead giveaway. They will starve eventually without us..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
med. kit, tampons, para cord.,

·
Registered
587 Posts
Road flares and a high-vis traffic safety vest. Gloves of course, an American-made set of capable tools, and I can't believe nobody said a BFH! A stash of various sizes of zip-lock bags are always useful. At least one gallon of potable water (crystal geyser is my fav because the bottle is square-ish). Two to three silver eagles and at least $100 cash in small denominations. Clif bars or a couple MRE's. Really depends on what you want to prepare yourself for. If you drive to work in this vehicle, and wear formal footwear, I'd also suggest throwing a pair of comfortable hiking boots in there...in case you have to walk home.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Road flares and a high-vis traffic safety vest. Gloves of course, an American-made set of capable tools, and I can't believe nobody said a BFH! A stash of various sizes of zip-lock bags are always useful. At least one gallon of potable water (crystal geyser is my fav because the bottle is square-ish). Two to three silver eagles and at least $100 cash in small denominations. Clif bars or a couple MRE's. Really depends on what you want to prepare yourself for. If you drive to work in this vehicle, and wear formal footwear, I'd also suggest throwing a pair of comfortable hiking boots in there...in case you have to walk home.
Bro you getting ready for the Zombie apocolypse? LOL ...good Sh*& on that list! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Bro you getting ready for the Zombie apocolypse? LOL ...good Sh*& on that list! :)
If that was the case, I'd be adding my M1A, two shotguns and a .22. Hehe.

Also just remembered a headlamp is more useful than a maglite if your work requires two hands. And toilet paper if you're out in poison ivy country.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i thought it was standard equipment, machete, med kit, and a bfh,--ask hillbilly how handy a good axe with a good handle is---lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts