Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first one is on the windshield header.
The Second is on the floor in front of the seats. I am guessing these are to tiedown loads in the back when the seats are not installed

·
Registered
458 Posts
They are called "footman loops" the one on the windshield frame is there to strap the windshield to the footman loop on the hood if you ever fold it down. I'm still curious as to what the ones in the back of the tub are there for.

·
Registered
981 Posts
They are called "footman loops" the one on the windshield frame is there to strap the windshield to the footman loop on the hood if you ever fold it down. I'm still curious as to what the ones in the back of the tub are there for.
Kid tie downs when they don't listen when you tell them to sit still!

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you have a bikini top it also straps to the one on the windshield. Rear ones are tiedowns for cargo or to tie the rear seat up when you tumble it forward.

·
Registered
315 Posts
amiller said:
Depending on ye year of you TJ, they could be part of the LATCH system for car seats. My 05 has them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, they are in the wrong spots for the LATCH system and to short to clip on to. I have latch in my other cars and there are two on the bench in the seam between the seat and the backrest and one behind the seat on the floor or rear deck in a car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts