Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I saw a few older posts and thought I would start a new thread. I'm always looking for new sounds to play (especially with the top down) at full blast.

Recently I've been listening to hard rock, metal, etc. I was hoping to draw on the different geographical audiences here to add non-mainstream/ emerging bands with that heavy sound.

I've added a list of 50 bands/ songs that are not quite mainstream that might be of interest to others on here as I am looking to do the same. . . I didn't add the well known/ mainstream bands (i.e. KORN, Metallica, Linking Park, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, AC/DC, Ozzy, P.O.D. etc).

In no way am I saying that some of these bands are not well known but I was just trying to add some potential bands that others might not have heard especially considering many regional areas have their distinct tastes.

SONG- BAND
Alive & Kicking- Nonpoint
Blazin’- In This Moment
Blood & Thunder- Mastodon
Blueprints for Future Homes- Norma Jean
Bombshell- Powerman 5000
Bullet In My Hand- Redlight King
Buried Alive- Avenged Sevenfold
Chlorine- Title Fight
Click Click Boom- Saliva
Cold- Crossfade
Driven- Sevendust
Drop Dead Cynical- Amaranthe
Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Face to the Floor- Chevelle
Falling Down- Atreyu
Falling Down- Kyng
Feed the Machine- Red
Feuer Frei- Rammstein
Figure It Out- Royal Blood
Freak Like Me- Halestorm
Heaven Knows- The Pretty Reckless
I Waited For You- Valora
I’m Not Jesus- Apocalyptica (feat. Corey Taylor)
Jumpdafuckup- Soulfly
Laid To Rest- Lamb of God
Mission Statement- Stone Sour
Monster- Skillet
Moth- Hellyeah
Move- Thousand Foot Krutch
My Demons- Starset
Nothing Remains- Chimaira
Painkiller- Three Days Grace
Paralyzed- Brian “Head” Welch
Prayer of the Refugee- Rise Against
Room 409- Bullet For My Valentine
Room to Breathe- You Me at Six
Save Me- Killswitch Engage
So Cold- Breaking Benjamin
Soldiers- Otherwise
Still I Rise- Shadows Fall
Take the Bullets Away- We as Humans
This is Now- Hatebreed
This Time It’s Different- Evans Blue
Trip the Darkness- Lacuna Coil
Villainy Thrives- Trivium
The Waiting One- All That Remains
Walk Away- Five Finger Death Punch
A Warrior’s Call- Volbeat
Wicked Ones- DOROTHY
Would You Still Be There- Of Mice & Men

Thanks in advance everybody!:worthy:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Hey guys, I saw a few older posts and thought I would start a new thread. I'm always looking for new sounds to play (especially with the top down) at full blast. Recently I've been listening to hard rock, metal, etc. I was hoping to draw on the different geographical audiences here to add non-mainstream/ emerging bands with that heavy sound. I've added a list of 50 bands/ songs that are not quite mainstream that might be of interest to others on here as I am looking to do the same. . . I didn't add the well known/ mainstream bands (i.e. KORN, Metallica, Linking Park, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, AC/DC, Ozzy, P.O.D. etc). In no way am I saying that some of these bands are not well known but I was just trying to add some potential bands that others might not have heard especially considering many regional areas have their distinct tastes. SONG- BAND Alive & Kicking- Nonpoint Blazin’- In This Moment Blood & Thunder- Mastodon Blueprints for Future Homes- Norma Jean Bombshell- Powerman 5000 Bullet In My Hand- Redlight King Buried Alive- Avenged Sevenfold Chlorine- Title Fight Click Click Boom- Saliva Cold- Crossfade Driven- Sevendust Drop Dead Cynical- Amaranthe Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Face to the Floor- Chevelle Falling Down- Atreyu Falling Down- Kyng Feed the Machine- Red Feuer Frei- Rammstein Figure It Out- Royal Blood Freak Like Me- Halestorm Heaven Knows- The Pretty Reckless I Waited For You- Valora I’m Not Jesus- Apocalyptica (feat. Corey Taylor) Jumpdafuckup- Soulfly Laid To Rest- Lamb of God Mission Statement- Stone Sour Monster- Skillet Moth- Hellyeah Move- Thousand Foot Krutch My Demons- Starset Nothing Remains- Chimaira Painkiller- Three Days Grace Paralyzed- Brian “Head” Welch Prayer of the Refugee- Rise Against Room 409- Bullet For My Valentine Room to Breathe- You Me at Six Save Me- Killswitch Engage So Cold- Breaking Benjamin Soldiers- Otherwise Still I Rise- Shadows Fall Take the Bullets Away- We as Humans This is Now- Hatebreed This Time It’s Different- Evans Blue Trip the Darkness- Lacuna Coil Villainy Thrives- Trivium The Waiting One- All That Remains Walk Away- Five Finger Death Punch A Warrior’s Call- Volbeat Wicked Ones- DOROTHY Would You Still Be There- Of Mice & Men Thanks in advance everybody!:worthy:
That's a great list! I too get tired of the same old crap. I'll definitely be checking these out. Thx :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great list! I too get tired of the same old crap. I'll definitely be checking these out. Thx :)
Thanks, I have definitely gotten some great recommendations and found new bands from others and wanted to do the same for others!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been a big fan of The Amity Affliction lately... Listen to Pittsburgh and you'll be in love :)

Other hardcore: Haste the Day, Forevermore, The Color Morale, Parkway Drive, Underoath

Punk: State Champs! Awesome top down summer music

Also Andrew WK... nothing beats that with the top down

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ice Cube trumps them all as does bob Marley
Sure, who doesn't love Marley???? I'm in my mid thirties , so I definitely grew up on late 90's early 2000's rap. I have about 4000 songs on my iPod including a huge "backspin" type playlist.

Since I've been in a hard rock type mood lately, that's why I left out the other genre's. Could be the inspiration for a future post though!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been a big fan of The Amity Affliction lately... Listen to Pittsburgh and you'll be in love :)

Other hardcore: Haste the Day, Forevermore, The Color Morale, Parkway Drive, Underoath

Punk: State Champs! Awesome top down summer music

Also Andrew WK... nothing beats that with the top down
These are some great recommendations. I picked a few up.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Skillet has another song Hero that is good.

Three Days Grace: Riot, Animal I have Become, I Hate Everything About You, Just Like You, Home and Scared

Hollywood Undead has several songs, too

Those are the recent adds to my Hard playlist.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Skillet has another song Hero that is good.

Three Days Grace: Riot, Animal I have Become, I Hate Everything About You, Just Like You, Home and Scared

Hollywood Undead has several songs, too

Those are the recent adds to my Hard playlist.
Thanks Star. I like your style. I actually have every one of those as well on my playlist.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Thanks Star. I like your style. I actually have every one of those as well on my playlist.
Thank you very much! :)

I have to check out those songs you have on your list, too. I love finding new music!

One other suggestion, although it was in the last one of these threads...

Disturbed -Down With the Sickness is an awesome top off, blast away song. And if you like 80s music (which I think you said you did) find their cover of the Tears for Fears song Shout. It is AWESOME!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I listen to a lot of Five Finger Death Punch. They're from Vegas so sort of local. Battle Born, are you kidding?

Lot's of rock...Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Metallica, etc. along with some techno and dub step. Makes me feel like I'm in a GoPro video :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts