Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a thread a bit back about some top of the line product some of you are using to help restore their non painted fenders. Armor wears off too fast. My fenders, door handles and hood latches are fading fast.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I LOVE Mothers Back to Black. Makes them looks really good, without being overly shiny. You might have to wash them with a plastic brush first to make sure you get all the water and mud spots off. Just make sure they are as clean as absolutely possible before you put the Back to Black on, so you don't seal the dirt underneath.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I was a big fan of turtle wax ice. It seems they have changed the formula with the new packaging. It stills works good on the paint, but now seems to leave some residue on the plastic.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What are you putting on your fenders?

My neighbor, she is newly divorced and totally loves my TJ. Think I'll take her out muddding this weekend, maybe get a few pics of her in a bikini sitting on the fender!!! Lol.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
What Dr Evil Said, 303, buy it in the gallon size to save money, I use it on my cars, Kayaks and my hulls look new.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can you post them here!

What are you putting on your fenders?

My neighbor, she is newly divorced and totally loves my TJ. Think I'll take her out muddding this weekend, maybe get a few pics of her in a bikini sitting on the fender!!! Lol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Can you post them here!
Working on it as we speak, she's a little drunk and keeps sliding off!!! LOL, She wants to pose on the hood. Aint nothin' like a muddy chick in a bikini, sittin' on the hood of a TJ. I'll try getting those pics @!!!!

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Working on it as we speak, she's a little drunk and keeps sliding off!!! LOL, She wants to pose on the hood. Aint nothin' like a muddy chick in a bikini, sittin' on the hood of a TJ. I'll try getting those pics @!!!!
Pics or it didn't happen... :D

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I used that Wipe New product. I thought it was a gimmick but it really works. It's been on about a month now and my old faded fenders look brand new and water/mud beads right off of them.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I LOVE Mothers Back to Black. Makes them looks really good, without being overly shiny. You might have to wash them with a plastic brush first to make sure you get all the water and mud spots off. Just make sure they are as clean as absolutely possible before you put the Back to Black on, so you don't seal the dirt underneath.
x2

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Tire shine works excellent!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have used all the above except tire shine. I like Back to Black & 303 protectant a lot. However, Dave (NFRs2000NYC) turned me on to Vinylex by LEXOL. This is what I use now and like it best. My .02 :thumb:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I just used a pressure washer on my wife's 09 jk fenders and they look new now. It took the remnants of years of failed products that were in all of the dimples of the fenders and made what I thought was fade go away.

It even took the wax spots off that I have been trying to remove for years.

As for bumpers.... They were replaced.
You can find new take offs all over eBay for $100-$150.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts