Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
92 YJ getting a 350 swap & SOA. I bought some Dana 44s that came out of an IH Scout and found out this wont work for my swap. The drivetrain I have has the NP271 transfer case and has the passenger side drive shaft for the front axle.

A: I cant find any SYE kits for the 271. What other transfer cases bolt up to the 700r4 that doesnt requier an expensive adapter?

B: What would be the easiest/ cheapest axle set up?

THANKS!:banghead:

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
What size tires do you want to run?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Ford 8.8 rear and your front HP 30 with after market shafts can handle 35/s just do the 1pcs shaft upgrade and call it a day.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Just keep the np231? Or maybe a dana 300 clocked might work?

·
Registered
288 Posts
The scout 44's will work...You need to check/set the caster angle to 6* which means the top ball joint should lean back 6*.To change that you grind the weld off the end of the tube on the outer "C" and move them with a BFH and a torch.The front pinion should point up 10*.The slip yoke kit might not be needed if you angle the tail of the tranny down when you fab the motor/tranny mounts.Google "jeep SOA caster" and start reading....What the caster angle does is return the steering wheel straight when you come out of a turn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts