Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2007 JKU Sahara and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to tell what axles I have? Do the Saharas come with only 1 type of Dana axle in the front or back or does it vary? Would appreciate any info someone could give or a link to any posts that talk to this subject, thanks!

Cheers :thumb:
Westofhwy5

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
dana 30 front and depending on the build date, dana 44(should have square metal fill plug)

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Yeah Jeep was being dumb and decided to sneak a few TurD35's in the early production 2007 JK's. Not very common but there out there

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, I will do a visual check and let you guys know if its a 35 or 44 rear. No worries on the hijack, I got my answer :p

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Thanks everyone, I will do a visual check and let you guys know if its a 35 or 44 rear. No worries on the hijack, I got my answer :p
WELCOME To WF :wavey:

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
2007 was the first year and they went crazy with the axles. Some early models had the D35 but also there was an option to upgrade to D44 in 2007. The only year that was true. Would love for the D44 Upgrade now. So in the non rubis you could have D30/D35/or D44 so its a hard call.

As far as the gears someone asked about, if you have a Automatic it was 3.73. No 3.21 available for Auto until 2012. The Manual on the other hand came standard with 3.21 with a option of 3.73. So if you have an Auto you have 3.73, if you have a manual you could have either 3.21 or 3.73. You would want to go to Jeep.com and register and get your build sheet to know for sure

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
image-2876974307.jpg

Looks like the Dana 44... But what's goin on with tht leakage, should I be concerned? LoL

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
westofhwy5 said:
Looks like the Dana 44... But what's goin on with tht leakage, should I be concerned? LoL
Yes. Looks like the gasket/seal is leaking. You'll run out of gear oil eventually. You can fix it yourself of you'd like, but you'll want to take it in if you don't want to get your hands dirty.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yes. Looks like the gasket/seal is leaking. You'll run out of gear oil eventually. You can fix it yourself of you'd like, but you'll want to take it in if you don't want to get your hands dirty.
BUT, it's not a hard fix. Just don't leave a 1/2 empty container of gear oil in the back and forget about it like I did. Took forever to get the smell out. :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Piece of cake repair. Once the cover is removed clean the surface free of old gasket and or sealant. Then apply generous bead of new sealant no gasket. Let it skin over for a while, preferably over night if ya can. Then put cover on and torque to spec and refill 80w90 or equivilant. Simple fix.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the info, I bought the extended powertrain warranty will that cover this issue'?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts