Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler rubicon unlimited 4door jk I was thinking about upstaging my tires since I'm due for new ones soon but I don't know what axles come Stock with this type of Jeep can anyone tell me? Thanks!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Rubicons come with Dana 44's front and rear. But the front 44 isn't much different from a D30. If going with something in the 35 range you may want to gusset the C's for added strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you wanting to know what gear ratio you have? In that case you can do VIN search and it'll tell you what gears are in your axles.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
If you mean stock gears, either 3.73 or 4.10 if an auto, 4.10 if a manual. You will want to regear for any larger tire than stock.

As far as tires, my recommendation for your D44 (front and rear) axles:
For 33s, just regear and done.
For 35s, C gussets and regear. If you Offroad, add full truss.
For 37s, C gussets, full truss and regear. If you offroad and actually use your lockers, add hydroassist steering and upgrade tie rod. Then prepare for life to get very expensive.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
And obviously you will need appropriate lift depending on the size tire and what Fenders flares you will run.

·
Registered
658 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts