Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to run a teraflex 2.5in BB with shocks or a one with coils and everything and run 35s. All the posts that I'm reading are talking about wheel spacers and back spacing and that is not something I know anything about. Ca someone help me out and let mellow if I need to do anything else besides install the kit? Thanks.

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
708 Posts
If keeping stock wheels you will need to add spacers. 1.5" is the standard, but you may need 1.75" if you have additional suspension components that the tires need to clear.

Aftermarket wheels you will need 4.5 or 4.75 backspacing. I run 4.5 on my aftermarket Rugged Ridge XHD wheels with 315 Duratracs. No issues whatsoever with clearance.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
The more the backspace the more the tire is tucked in and lesser the backspace the tire is going to stick out more and hence less chance of rubbing if you increase tire sizes

Anywhere from 4 to 4.75 Backspacing would work fine for you. I have 4.5 Backspace with 33s and plenty of room to spare.

To give you an idea, the stock wheel backspace is about 6.25"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts