Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on the Forum for a while. That doesn't mean I know a lot or won't make a mistake. I really enjoyed the TJ had it for over 11 years and 170K miles. But after all the MODs to make it fun and "capable off road" (for the wheeling we have) it was no longer the highway vehicle it had once been. As my wife is retired, and I am headed that way, I want to build a good "highway/ off road" Jeep....so I may skip the big tires and regear for this to work for me. But this is Indiana..we don't have a Moab or Rubi trail to run.

So LIL RED went to a fellow Jeeper, his Jeep went to his daughter, I took my "wife's" '12 JK and she realized she won't be slippin back into Blu, she is stuck with her '14 JKU Polar...."BLU 2".

I want to avoid the "mistakes" that took my TJ to the level that, while great off road and around town, took it to the point it was no longer FUN to jump in and take a 2 hour drive on the interstate, down to INDY or up to MI for the day or even the weekend. MI has more places to "wheel/ go off road" than we have so that is a vital key to the being able to run the highway, run the trails, and run the highway home.

Sorry for long first post.... especially since the few Pics are less than surprising and not that big of a difference...but will be doing them as I get parts. Speaking of which parts list:
ACE "lifetime warranty" and the experience we had with my wife's Polar and ease of mounting the rails made them my first and only real choice for most everything.
Pro series Front Bumper with Stinger and light bar.
Matching rear Pro series Bumper with tire carrier and two 6"lights as well.
Front axle Gussets from ACE
Evap Skid
Lower Control Arm Skid
Ace Rock Rails

Local Tire Shop Patriot Tire
5 Duratracs in the Stock size: Mounted Balanced out the door with lifetime road hazard warranty and free rotation and balancing for just under $1100.

From Baseline 4x4 who is local to me:

Warn Zeon Winch with synthetic line
Old Man Emu Heavy 2" lift
I also ordered a hand full of other things from Baseline...but when I get to the point of install I will list those as well.

This is not a wish list...this is, an "already ordered, waiting for parts to get here list".

I have received several parts from ACE and Baseline said everything would be in from them Mon. But still waiting for the two big key parts...BUMPERS.

We got warm here yesterday (40's) and the tires were already done, so I got busy in the garage and with my son in laws help we threw the ACE Rails on.

Finally a couple Pics.....

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Looks good! I've got a set of Duratracs ready to go on mine also. Got tired of the Terra Grapplers.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I had tossed these up...warmer weather coming next week 64° on MON...and that is rear bumper and tire carrier day!!! I am so glad I got the HEAVY OME SL....the FED list 2 boxes with a total weight of 199lbs. That is rear bumper and tire carrier only.

If the install goes as smooth as the front did I will be very happy!!! WIll also have to get some "Night Time" Pics with the Lifetime LEDs...all the light you would ever need!!

Will go into more detail and better Pics as we come along. This is the first week since DEC above 32°

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its been a while but here are a few more Pics. Gussets and Rubi rails mainly. I also got a compressor for when I air down. Actually pretty reasonable self contained/ everything in a nice bag/ package. Should take about 15 minutes max to air back up after wheeling. About the same time it does at the gas station.....will see the next time I go wheeling.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts