Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm slowly building up my lift kit into what's amounting to mostly a Metalcloak 2.5" Game Changer. (currently have front/rear track bars, front upper and lower control arms, rough country spacers and shock extensions (which can't go away fast enough)).

The next thing I want to address before shocks/springs is brake lines. I was looking at the Crown Performance brake lines on Quadratec.

Are these good brake lines? Is there a better option? The reviews seem light and one seems to say that the plastic sheathing melts/comes off.

Secondly when shopping for brake lines, should I go by the advertised lift height (2.5") or the ACTUAL height I'm expecting? (I'm in a light 2dr, so I'm expecting a 2.5" lift will get me 3"+)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've never had a problem with the brake lines that came with the Game Changer. Mine are 24.5" long. If I had to replace one I would buy from Metalcloak.

Unless your Jeep is super heavy you will get more than 2.5" from a GC. If you're light (as in factory light) you may get 4" out of a full GC suspension.

Don't disbelieve MC's claim that their coils are rated for 800 pounds of armor. They're legit!

Edit: And MC is cheaper than what you're looking at https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-replacement-brake-lines-pair.html

Edit #2: Oh, I guess they're not cheaper as that's for a pair. Still, personally after running them I would buy them again

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had a problem with the brake lines that came with the Game Changer. Mine are 24.5" long. If I had to replace one I would buy from Metalcloak.

Unless your Jeep is super heavy you will get more than 2.5" from a GC. If you're light (as in factory light) you may get 4" out of a full GC suspension.

Don't disbelieve MC's claim that their coils are rated for 800 pounds of armor. They're legit!

Edit: And MC is cheaper than what you're looking at https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-replacement-brake-lines-pair.html

Edit #2: Oh, I guess they're not cheaper as that's for a pair. Still, personally after running them I would buy them again

I removed my backseat and my bumpers are stock. The weight I've added is some MC rocker armor in steel, rocksliders/step rails and an oil / transmission skid. So, maybe 100lbs in total, not subtracting the rear seat.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had to add weight. I'm in a four door. I've got roughly 550 pounds of armor so far. I keep a good assortment of gear in the Jeep at all times. I'm still over 2.5". I also went to aftermarket driveshafts. Front was needed. Rear was done just because I'm not a fan of the rzeppa on a flexy rig, might as well do both at the same time.

Technically I could have spacered the exhaust instead of a front shaft but that's a crappy fix and adds joints that will probably end up leaking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts