Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 2.5"-3" JKU suspension lift kit with shocks. I'm wanting a good brand that won't break the bank too much. Any ideas on what to get?

Vendor
I'm looking for a 2.5"-3" JKU suspension lift kit with shocks. I'm wanting a good brand that won't break the bank too much. Any ideas on what to get?
There are a bunch of threads on the best brands. I would suggest piecing something together. We have all the Suspension Components you need to build a nice kit. Rock Krawler makes good control arms and track bars. There are a lot of quality springs out there, you would need the correct length and rate for your particular Jeep. Bilstien makes good shocks among others.

Let me know what questions you have or what you'd like a quote on!

-Ryan

Registered
I believe that they are saying you should go look at their lift kits and choose one. There are alot of options out there. Pick the one that's right for you.

Super Moderator
^ well there you have it. Right back where you started lol.

That's the issue with asking that type of question.

Cheap, DD and want great shocks. The Rancho kit is a nice option.
All around DD Teraflex, RK, MC, AEV

Comes down to budget and use of jeep. Remember, most your aftermarket coils will ride firmer, and rated to handle weight.

Registered
My wife lover the ride of the AEV 2.5"-3.0" JK DualSport XT Suspension Tripple/Pregressive.

There is not enough space to add my comments. All GOOD!!!!!!!!

Realize its an opinion and a dam good one.

Super Moderator

Registered
Rubicon Express 2.5" spring lift with No Shocks. ($380)

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...ks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R/ERE7141

Then buy 4 Rancho Adjustable RS9000XL shocks for $328 (but have a $100 rebate, making Net cost $228).

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pn=S/DShockingRS9000XL

Add this Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Track Bar ($141)

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit....aspx?t_c=1&t_s=101&t_pt=4164&t_pn=RKSRK02024

Total expenditure after rebate $750 Dollars.

Boom.

If you can afford it, add in either this

Rancho Control Arm Brackets ($140)
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Fabricat...aspx?t_c=86&t_s=527&t_pt=8342&t_pn=RANRS6250B

or

Rock Krawler Control Arms Adjustable $280
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit....aspx?t_c=1&t_s=101&t_pt=3158&t_pn=RKSRK02015

890 or 1030 total, shipped, with quality-ish components.

How's that for specific.

Quality components and I doubt you can find a better quality to price ratio.

Edited to provide working links.

Registered
All of the options are good but not equal. :)

The RE does offers good value as does the TF and a good balance of on and off road performance. The RK, AEV and MC offer the best performance but at a premium for an equivalent lift kit. You can't go wrong with any of these choices. Read some of threads on the virtues of these lift kits.

Highly recommend you leave the engineering to the manufacturer and you bu the lift kit from one manufacturer and avoid building a Frankenlift no one can help you troubleshoot. Double check that all parts are torqued correctly and were not installed while the suspension was binding.

Registered
Highly recommend you leave the engineering to the manufacturer and you bu the lift kit from one manufacturer and avoid building a Frankenlift no one can help you troubleshoot. Double check that all parts are torqued correctly and were not installed while the suspension was binding.
I disagree. Sure it may be more convenient to have one manufacturer, but any troubleshooting process is exactly the same.

Registered
Having just did a lift, the bigger question to me was how are you gonna have it installed. Install can cost more than the lift. I decided to save the money and do it myself. Adjustments seem easy, but I was off on a couple. Jam nuts are a pain. I hate Jam nuts. While I love my lift (RK), I found out latter that MC arms came adjusted and tightened for the 3.5 inch lift (only). If you do it yourself then take it in for an alignment by a 4x4 shop. Also, you adding bigger tires? If so what will you do with the spare. I bought a new rear bumper.

So what I'm saying is think through, all the work and additional parts. You'll be happy in the end.

Super Moderator
Rubicon Express 2.5" spring lift with No Shocks. ($380)

Rubicon Express Part RE7141 - 2.5 Inch Standard Coil Lift Kit - No Shocks - - 4 Wheel Parts

Then buy 4 Rancho Adjustable RS9000XL shocks for $328 (but have a $100 rebate, making Net cost $228).

Rancho Part S/DShockingRS9000XL - 4 Rancho RS9000XL Shocks with 4 Red Shock Boots - - 4 Wheel Parts

Add this Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Track Bar ($141)

Rock Krawler Part RK02024 - Bomb Proof Front Track Bar - - 4 Wheel Parts

Total expenditure after rebate $750 Dollars.

Boom.

If you can afford it, add in either this

Rancho Control Arm Brackets ($140)
Rancho Part RS6250B - Control Arm Correction Brackets - - 4 Wheel Parts

or

Rock Krawler Control Arms Adjustable $280
Rock Krawler Part RK02015 - High Clearance Lower Control Arms - - 4 Wheel Parts

890 or 1030 total, shipped, with quality-ish components.

How's that for specific.

Quality components and I doubt you can find a better quality to price ratio.

Edited to provide working links.
I don't have a bunch of Jeep lift experience, but my research would agree with this approach. And yes to the control arm drop brackets if you DD your Jeep.

I might use the Rancho RS7000 series shocks...

Bookmarked for reference when the time comes. :beerdrinking:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts