Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I purchased a 2015 Wrangler Sport 2 door JK
Ordered it with 373 gears and manual tranny
I am putting on 32inch MT ATZ3 tires 305/65x17 tires on alum wheels

Is it going to kill my power
Is it going to kill my MPG

also will have a Teraflex leveling kit...

and whats your take on upgrading the steering shock is or factory one ok
Just dont want to destroy my new JK with these big tires

thanks
P.Scott

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Rubicons and Willys come with 32" mud tires so your good to go in that regard. I don't think your mpg will take that big a hit. It is what it is. It's a compromise. You already got the 3.73 gears so mpg is already going to be a little less. I don't think you need to upgrade anything.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Agreed this tire size you probably won't notice much of a difference in power/mileage. You really don't need dual stabilizers. Particularly with that tire size. I ran a very similar setup to what your planning on my 2 door for a while.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...just my first ordered vehicle in my life time and dont want to ruin it...

These tired are a bit wide 12.50 but these pizza small factory tires have got to go..

thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
You won't have any issues. Have a 2dr, manual, 3.73 with 33's and it is just right. No need to do anything different with the steering stabilizer. With a manual, you'd only need to reggae if you went to 35's.

Have fun!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have a '13 manual with 3:73's. I put 285/70r17's on it and which I would have went larger.
We have a 1200lbs camper and theres no issue towing it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all the input....hopefully picking up the new Jeep at the dealer this week. My first ordered vehicle ever.. very excited as its built just for me

P Scott

·
Registered
649 Posts
Gratz on your purchase! As others stated you'll be perfectly fine. Say goodbye to your money because it won't take long for the mod bug to hit ;)

·
Supporting Member
577 Posts
I am a bit nervous about what to expect

I pick up my Wrangler tomorrow and it is my first new car purchase and I am not really sure what to expect when going to the dealership as I'm very weary of them and think they're all a bit scummy.

I put a deposit down and I want to be able to inspect the car in full, tell them no dealership stickers, whatsoever, maybe do a water test and then sit down and talk financing. Is that the process usually and if there are any detail I should not miss?

Thank you all for the company for the past few weeks.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,676 Posts
^^^:welcome: to the Forum...:wavey:

Congrats in advance on your Wrangler!!!!!!!!

Under your username, you are shown as a GUEST. That doesn't make sense. FYI.
Admin needs to fix this for you!!!!!!!!!!

At the Dealer look it over for Body and paint damage. Also interior issues.
When you get it home, check all of your fluid levels.
Check your battery cables and make sure that they are tight.
Next, drive it for a couple of days.
First thing when it is cold in the morning, check your tire pressure and re-torque your wheels.

Then you will be good to go........:thumb:

·
Supporting Member
577 Posts
What fees should I expect to pay besides taxes? I'm very defensive when it comes to dealers trying to rip me off

TY

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,676 Posts
What fees should I expect to pay besides taxes? I'm very defensive when it comes to dealers trying to rip me off

TY
I paid Title/License, doc fee's, and taxes.
You add this to your purchase price and it becomes your OTD (Out the door price)!!!!!!!!!
I also had to show proof of Insurance!

WF Site Help & Support - Jeep Wrangler Forum

^^^I would click on this Help Site and see if they can get you re-registered as a Member, rather than a Guest!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts