Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Just got my new 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Everything is stock inside and out. It's got just under 50k miles so its pretty new. This is my first Jeep and I wanted to break it in a little but I don't want to push it to the limit and ruin it.( Note: I live in South Florida so there aren't too many mountains around here. Just some grass, dirt, sand, and a few rocks. ) Just wanted to know how much my STOCK jeep was able to handle before any mods. Any advice helps thanks :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Stay off the big rocks and only go as fast as you need to to maintain momentum. Dont go through water deeper than your hubs and dont go through water fast. Big rocks will just beat your rig up. Find another 4wd to go play with and see what it will do... Stock jeeps are pretty impressive off road. Get a little compressor so you can air down and a tow strap. I usually run 12-15 psi except on sand I run 8psi. Have fun!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Stay off the big rocks and only go as fast as you need to to maintain momentum. Dont go through water deeper than your hubs and dont go through water fast. Big rocks will just beat your rig up. Find another 4wd to go play with and see what it will do... Stock jeeps are pretty impressive off road. Get a little compressor so you can air down and a tow strap. I usually run 12-15 psi except on sand I run 8psi. Have fun!!
x2:thumb: You will be very surprised at how much it will be able to do. For about $60 you can get front tube seals to seal the frt axel tubes to keep the water out.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
It is mainly the tires that will limit you. Diff clearance is not very good with those small tires but I doubt that will be a problem where you are. If you get a chance, grab some KM takeoffs from CL.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
$500-$800. I sold my five Rubi rims and tires with about $7,000 miles for $650....pretty good deal but the guy needed a break. I threw in some other stuff but wheels and tires are in that range. Just look on CL.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Toasty, I run with a bunch of guys up here in the Tampa region. We have several JK's that are running stock suspension and tires. In fact we did a run 2 weeks ago and one jeep showed up with street tires... I mean P195's... not even all-terrain... He was astounded at what his rig could do. As others have previously mentioned, it is the ground clearance that you really have to watch with the smaller tires. Traction in our sandy soils really isn't a big deal unless you got a heavy foot.

I'd recommend you find some local jeepers and go find out just what your jeep capable of just the way it is. Once you have a feel, then you can start to decide just what you want and need to do to make your jeep your own...

Enjoy jeepin'....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts