Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's like a film. It's only where my cowl meets the windshield. It shimmers in the sunlight in blue and purple colors. It looks like when you see an oil spot in a parking lot after it rains- that purple/blue greasey look. It's not grease on my paint. It buffs out of the paint but comes back after awhile. Any ideas?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no sir. The only thing that would touch it would be my washer fluid. If this is it, I surely hope it wont destroy my paint.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I used the orange deicer wiper fluid and it stained my paint. Doesn't look shiny it is just the orange color. I buffed and clay bared but to result. Still there. But I am getting my hood repainted soon as it has other problems. But I will never use that d-icer stuff again

·
Registered
98 TJ 4.0 Auto, 97 TJ 4.0 Manual, 98 TJ 2.5 Manual
613 Posts
It's rust thats inside and coming out and it makes that color when water gets on it. If you look at a trucks rear pannels over the wheel well, they start to rust and then the rust makes that color on top of the paint on the good paint next to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts