Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, just like everyone else... I HATE the chrome grille. But I have been debating painting it either white to match the jeep, or I want to spray black bedliner on it.. and my fender flares... Has anyone done this? especially with a white wrangler. I don't want it to look terrible. But any opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree, I hate mine, too. I'd go flat black or bedliner black.....please, please, please don't go white. Post pix when you are done, I have yet to get off my butt and do mine....

·
Registered
454 Posts
That is the only thing left chrome on my jeep. I bedlined the bumpers and trying to decide on the grille. Plz post pix if you do paint it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a 95 YJ and my crome grill is removable, the grill under the crome grill is white.

But I like the crome grill:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
leedog13 said:
I agree, I hate mine, too. I'd go flat black or bedliner black.....please, please, please don't go white. Post pix when you are done, I have yet to get off my butt and do mine....
Why do you say dont go white? Mines white and i think it looks good. Just curious as to your reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
leedog13 said:
I say the opposite... Go white. I have seen black grilles on too many Wranglers and I hate how it looks. White is the only way to go, black almost makes it look like the grille is missing. Then again, I am sick of all the black rims out there too, just looks cheap to me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Its all in what you like. I've left mine on b/c of an ugly rust spot I'm currently ignoring underneathe it. Haha

·
Registered
81 Posts
idk about doing bedliner. If you change your mind and dont like it its going to be really hard to get off

·
Registered
665 Posts
Just a thought DupliColor has a new paint called Black Chrome that is a two part process but when it is finished looks sharp. I've seen the kit in Auto Zone for around 20 bucks, it gives you the blacked out look but you can still see your face in it ( well some people may not want to themselves ) Lol. Check it out I am thinking of using it on my chrome wheels just to give a different look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm nervous for painting the chrome, not only the grille but the hinges too, how do I get it to stick and not peal easily?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with the chrome bolt on grille's :p

Also, it looks like you can just unbolt it from the bottom and top and you should be good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts